Your Calathea is a tropical plant, so it will thrive in more humid environments. What potting medium did you use though? The unusual mosaic patterns on Calathea musaica are why this easy-to-care-for evergreen plant is called the network plant. Not to mention, it is built very well and will last you much longer if you take care of it! Then give your plant a good watering, and you are done! Leaves will curl is the plant is cold, or excessively dry from constant warm air flow. ress_js("//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=3727937f-fd2d-4a8e-aac6-737ec7e1cc2a"); Ohio Tropics (Raffaele Di Lallo) is a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. And it really just depends. What makes this even more frustrating is that they can also indicate that you’re actually overwatering instead! If you can keep them in good condition that is! Hi Briana! I have calathea triostar, unfortunately I have been doing all of it wrong it seems after reading your post. Calathea Dottie can be a tricky plant to look after even if you do follow our Calathea Dottie care guide so if you find you’re still having problems with your plant or you just have some queries then take a look at some of the most recently asked questions right here.. Why are the leaves of my Calathea Dottie curling? I have used tap water in the past and none of my Calathea have died, but I’m pretty sure it’s responsible for the brown spots on the leaves of my Leopardina. Common colors to look out for are yellow, black, brown, and translucent. Calathea Dottie can be a tricky plant to look after even if you do follow our Calathea Dottie care guide so if you find you’re still having problems with your plant or you just have some queries then take a look at some of the most recently asked questions right here.. Why are the leaves of my Calathea Dottie curling? However, her leaves have been curled for at least a week, some got dry spots, some dried completely, and even with the adjusted care she seems to be getting worse. When you buy from us, you’re effectively cutting out the wholesale and retail margin, allowing us to sell a Has your plant been in that same small pot for a long time? Nov 2, 2020 - Calathea plant pictures and how to grow care tips for Calathea plants. Let me just tell you what works for me. However, the care and advice will apply broadly to all plants in the Calathea genus. Another reason they’re so popular is that they are easy to maintain and doesn’t require a … . Your calathea is signalling that something is off in its environment, and you need to figure out what to put your calathea plant at ease again.. Once the problem is identified and resolved, the leaves will unfurl. I have a Calathea Vittata and it is struggling. Looking at the label if it has one reads: “Calathea mix. Direct sunlight will quickly dry the soil the calathea grows in and negative signs will start to show up on the leaves very soon. We will see how it goes as I really live them! Calathea – plantskeeping.info. Your Calathea is not dying if you have one crispy leaf. Temperatures much below 60F (15.5C) will cause many of the issues described above. This can be very detrimental to Calatheas. Much more so than even low humidity. And by dying, most people tend to overreact to every little crispy leaf, but you can quickly kill a Calathea if you are not aware of a few things! In this instance you can mist until it creates runoff. This step is necessary! Indoor plants increase air quality and wellbeing. Calathea leaves can also turn different colors, and that can depend on the specific problem with the plant. November 2018 in Problem solving. There is more to consider though that is very important so keep on reading! Bouquets are out, houseplants are in! A lot of people have made the same mistake, thanks to the beautiful patterns and lines on its leaves. That being said, Calathea can be prone to spider mites and misting can actually help deter spider mites (since spider mites like very dry conditions). Calathea plants likewise partake in being assembled. The most I would do is some morning sun (which Eastern windows provide) but no more than that. It honestly is the best one I’ve used and I’ve used a lot. You put it out to catch the rain and then forgot it right? Calathea is super remarkable species to have, providing foliage joy in every home. • Native Range: Tropical Americas. The short answer is that it DEPENDS! If you can provide higher humidity for your Calathea plants, please go ahead and do so. Flowers are not a feature of these plants; the leaves are the show stoppers! premium plant for a fraction of the retail cost. @Xeramtheum Crystals are not firmly attached, no spider web, just crystals along the nerves of the leaf. Best of luck Eva! Calathea, the Peacock plant. Another reason they’re so popular is that they are easy to maintain and doesn’t require a … From small ground covers, shurbs, climbing plants to hedges that will screen out your neighbours. When the lower leaves of your Calathea begin to turn yellow and/or other leaves begin to curl or develop spots, it’s a sign that the plant is receiving too little water. Calatheas are very popular as houseplants for their unique leaves, and their ability to clean out toxins from the air. Low light is just too vague and everyone interprets it differently. Proper watering is a much bigger factor in ensuring that your Calathea leaves are in great condition. That’s all folks! How to Remove Dead Dry Leaves on a Calathea Makoyana. Calathea plants thrive indoors in bright, … Tap water often has a high level of salt that will cause your calathea to wilt and fade. If it doesn’t, keep using the chopstick or knife until it does. By the end of this post, you will understand how to care for your Calathea and how to do your best to keep them in great shape and minimize those crispy leaves and edges that plague many people. Or maybe you just have a lot of surface roots, and the pot just seems to dry out really quickly. Calathea warscewiczii is an evergreen, perennial, herbaceous plant. I had mine in a ceramic pot so I just used a metal chopstick and passed just inserted it around the whole perimeter of the plant. Get backyard, front yard ready with our range of outdoor plants best suited to Australian gardens. Low hedges can flank a path to guide pedestrians to the destination, mid-size hedges are often seen as privacy screens and tall hedges are used as windbreaks. You probably know this plant by its second name – rattlesnake plant. Calathea are among the “lower” light plants if you would like to call them that, but they still need to be in front of a window for best results. Put your plant a warm spot, avoid changing the amount of light too much or gently wipe down the leaves with a micro-fibre clothe. See more ideas about Calathea, Plants, Plant leaves. Just mix everything together well and you are good to go. However don’t expect misting to increase your humidity. Looking at the label if it has one reads: “Calathea mix. If you don’t do this step, your plant’s roots will find it much more difficult to grow into the new soil in your new pot. Humidity is a measure of moisture in the air. Calathea – plantskeeping.info. The plant is trying to tell you something, and that message is 'give me water'. There are a few things to keep in mind to keep these plants in beautiful condition and avoid the dreaded brown, crispy edges! Firstly, this article was super informative, so thank you! Burnt tips, faded appearance. During good sunlight exposure in the morning, the leaves open up, while they fold and curl up during the night. Calathea plants HATE cold temperatures! There is nothing like the stunning foliage of Calathea plants! If you have good humidity on … Some Calathea have lurid pink or red markings as if to say 'Look at me!'. Here is my Calathea lancifolia. Brown edges on leaves are common with calathea and may result from either fertilizing when the soil is dry or uneven watering. I had one mishap with the 'too much sun' problem and nearly burned it … Plants can really grow in a variety of mediums and soil mixtures, but the most important thing that you need to keep in mind is that the soil should be well drained. That being said, let’s talk about how to repot Calathea now. • Zone: It can be planted outdoors in zones 10 and 11. Maybe the top inch or so smaller pots. Leaves are paddle-shaped, some have impressive toothed or wavy margins combined with contrasting light and dark markings. Back to humidity. Either over- or under-watering your plants may cause leaf edges to brown. Don’t worry–it’s just letting you know it needs a drink. It is NOT the most important factor in keeping most of your Calathea species in good shape, but it can help. Calathea bounce back very quickly from underwatering. However, I’m afraid I’ve reached a point of no return with my Calathea lancifolia. Think of it … Calathea plants are a variety of small plants that have unbelievable designs on their leaves. Water Foolproof Way to Get YOUR Christmas Cactus to Bloom! Not to be confused with overwatering where the roots are drowning, and gas exchange is impaired. The Levoit Ultrasonic Humidifier is by far the best humidifier I’ve tested and I will not use any other. For Calathea, I like to add perlite to mix. Please do me a favor and share this post to social media because it will help me spread the Ohio Tropics houseplant care tips to the masses! Everyone’s conditions are different. You can simply slip your plant out of its pot to see if it is root bound. I honestly only run mine in the winter time when our indoor air is super dry. If you don’t have the means with which to collect rainwater, then use filtered water (from a Brita filter), but make sure it’s at room temperature or above – we don’t want to shock the plant. This is a loaded question too! Calathea leaves curl up as a sign of distress, but the problem might not be immediately easy to identify. How to Care for a Calathea. @Raffaele, So I re-read the entire article and I think the problem is just that he needs water and I am going to take out the peat moss (I am not a big fan of peat moss). Proper watering is a much bigger factor in ensuring that your Calathea leaves are in great condition. Back off, buddy! It grows up to 20-40 inches high, by 20-40 inches wide, with patterned lanceoate leaves, and the leaves have a contrasting maroon-purple colored on the underside of the leaves makes this a very attractive and popular Calathea. If you'd like to send me a photo, I can give you my opinion. The size of your pot, the type of pot you have (terra cotta vs. plastic for example), the temperature, type of soil, all play a role in how quickly the soil dries out. Mist once a week to keep the leaves clean and to keep down on pest. Yet I keep four Calathea in front of my fireplace and they love it there. Increase the humidity around your plant by misting the leaves on a regular basis, using a … However my initial assessment was very similar to OP (kimiko84); I did notice spots of sticky juice on the underside of the leaves but I did not notice any pest. The leaves will start browning and curling … What is your experience in growing them? They're perfectly adapted to all conditions and provide food and nesting opportunities for native fauna. Lastly, turn to the bathroom if you're about to lose it. It comes in many varieties to choose from, each one of them distinct on their own! If you stick to these guidelines, your plants will do well, so well that you may even consider repotting each spring. They like to stay more moist. Now to keep that new green space in mint condition! We take care in growing and packaging our plants so they will arrive in amazing condition (we've sent plants to over 20,000 happy customers!). Calathea is super remarkable species to have, providing foliage joy in every home. Not enough humidity. Calathea is a houseplant that really purifies the air, so it is a true eye-catcher in every interior that also makes a contribution to a better and healthier indoor climate. Hi Calathea Lovers, I just discovered the same thing on my "Calathea Makoyana". Also, check out my shop on Amazon for all your houseplant care needs:OHIO TROPICS PLANT CARE STOREFRONT. Too much direct sun, or even short periods of hot, intense sun, can burn their leaves. Those dreaded Calathea crispy leaves and edges, more times than not, are due to inconsistent watering and/or improper watering! A shrub is a mini to medium-sized woody plant. Curling leaves on your calathea plant are a sign of distress. So try your best to avoid cold drafts, or cooler temperatures as described above! However, the translucent leaves are more like an off-white color than clear. Email our customer service team and we will either replace the plants pronto or refund the purchase price back to you. The genus Calathea comprises countless species that come with bright green, violet-suffused leaves that have vividly-contrasting ribs and veins. What did you use as the potting medium? Quality is important to us - if we wouldn’t buy it ourselves, we won’t send it to you. Place in bright indirect light and keep lightly moist”. How to Care for a Calathea. Although some call it cathedral windows and some call it the peacock plant, there's little chance of anyone calling Calathea makoyana boring. Don’t go by your calendar! PRO TIP: Calathea have very expressive foliage, and will make it obvious when they’re thirsty by curling up their leaves into little rolls. Please comment below. I am giving it bottled water as I read in some forums that tap water can be too harsh for these plants. Half the leaves are curling and brown and I am determined to revive him. If you have a flexible plastic pot, you can just squeeze the pot gently to loosen it so you can take it out. The rain was significant, but the sun has scorched it. Increase the humidity around your plant by misting the leaves on a regular basis, using a pebble tray, or … Flowers are not a feature of these plants; the leaves are the show stoppers! Calatheas prefer temperatures in the 65F-80F range (18C-27C). Is that a symptom? Our phone number is front and centre because we are here to help! Many pre-packaged soil mixes can use some help though in the area of drainage! This calathea originated from Western-SouthAmerica, particularly in Colombia (6). A friend actually sent me a tiny orbifolia in a mail and she is starting to grow into a beautiful specimen. Calathea can be grown as house plants to show off their beautiful leaves. The names of calathea species such as the Zebra plant (Calathea zebrina), Rattlesnake plant, Pinstripe plant, and Medallion plant, come from the beautiful designs on their leaves. Choose your ideal plant gift. When I went on to google what it was, one pest that seems to leave a sticky residue was the scale bug. Calathea plants like to be on the moist side, but they do NOT like to dry out completely. What a plant, grown for beautifully patterned leaves. One common cause of sick calatheas is an overabundance of minerals in the water source. It is often preferred for the coloration in the leaves. It is in a room with a North facing window (not super bright in there) - should I just let the light from the window take care of it, or should I continue using some of the grow light? Calathea leaves curl up as a sign of distress, but the problem might not be immediately easy to identify. People ask me all the time how often to water plants. Be sure you’re not over or underwatering your plant. Either over- or under-watering your plants may cause leaf edges to brown. In particular, I will show my Calathea lancifolia (also known as Rattlesnake Plant) and Calathea orbifolia. "The experienced like to think of them as the cool girls of the high school grounds, they only want to know you when they need something". Calathea Dottie FAQ. You can also use a knife to do this as well. Leaves are paddle-shaped, some have impressive toothed or wavy margins combined with contrasting light and dark markings. Go by your soil moisture instead! . If it's retaining moisture adequately, there is no reason to mix in any peat moss. There are so many watering myths concerning houseplants in general and the word overwatering is terribly misunderstood. Help With Drooping Calathea Leaves Please? My ratio will vary, but 2 to 3 parts of Miracle Gro potting mix to 1 part of perlite is a good rule of thumb! Lastly, I’d like to talk a little bit about temperature. Increase the humidity around your plant by misting the leaves on a regular basis, using a pebble tray, or moving a humidifier nearby. ". While some may value being misted. And by in front of a window, I mean within a couple feet (in most cases). Like most plants, you can have root rot if this continues. I ended up combining two plants into one pot. Shower from the bottom up and higher overall humidity is favored over moistening. Not enough humidity. I’ve been misting, ovewatering, too far from window and in a draft from conservatory. Plants are classified as 'climbers' if they have a vertical orientation and do not have a trunk, instead relying on other plants to provide a scaffold. Those dreaded Calathea crispy leaves and edges, more times than not, are due to inconsistent watering and/or improper watering! I run it all winter long in my sunroom. The curled up leaves usually mean it’s protecting itself from heat, direct sun, and moisture loss. If you incorporate things like perlite, which I buy often all the time from Amazon, it will increase drainage and oxygen to your plant’s roots. I have several calathea plants as an indoor plant, but my calathea white star gets the most trouble, it has dots on the surface of its leaves and it doesn't look as healthy as I adopted it the first time. Let's see how we can help! The leaves will start browning and curling at … I will go into the care very shortly, but let me show you my plants. I wanted to start out first by talking about humidity. If it is, it is time to repot. @Raffaele, no I don't think I let the soil get dry. I absolutely love the stunning patterns on the leaves! The species of Calathea Elliptica Vittata, just like all the others in its family, tend to “open and close” their leaves according to the time of the day. If you break a couple roots, please don’t worry. You just want to make sure the leave dry with in minutes, not hours. Tap water often has a high level of salt that will cause your calathea to wilt and fade. Mist once a week to keep the leaves clean and to keep down on pest. Loved for their water-saving qualities and their architectural forms alike, native Australian plants are the way to go! Overwatering is the likely cause. She seems to be doing well, other than the crunchy leaves, but she’s not praying and the purple under her leaves is fading a bit. These are all indications that you may want to repot. Calathea is a special, highly-decorative houseplant with colourful, variegated foliage. Your Calathea is a tropical plant, so it will thrive in more humid environments. Here you’ll find our pots + planters & care products. Your plant will thank you! So I have a calathea ornata that I got maybe a month ago. Calathea leaves curling. As a general potting mix, I love using Miracle Gro potting mix and I do amend it a bit to make it fluffier and lighter, depending on what plants I’m growing. If you keep doing this over and over, you will get crispy leaves. Try a different position, one that is brighter and warmer. Hello Everyone, In the summer this year I decided to buy a Calathea plant, I had no idea at the time how demanding these plants are to grow. Your calathea is signalling that something is off in its environment, and you need to figure out what to put your calathea plant at ease again.. Once the problem is identified and resolved, the leaves will unfurl. Your calathea looks like it’s suffering from heat and dehydration. Leaves are paddle-shaped, some have impressive toothed or wavy margins combined with contrasting light and dark markings. PRO TIP: Calathea have very expressive foliage, and will make it obvious when they’re thirsty by curling up their leaves into little rolls. Mix them with other. The fine hairs covering the leaves feel like velvet. She has a few leaves that were getting crunchy around the edges (even with a humidifier making the moisture in the air around 50%) and her new growth was kind of crunchy too. Filter your way through our outdoor collections via height, full sun, part shade etc. Nov 2, 2020 - Calathea plant pictures and how to grow care tips for Calathea plants. Find the best-suited foliage plant for your space, via the collections low light level, beginner plants and pet-friendly. Calathea can be fussy plants and you might find that due to wear and tear or slightly bad conditions you need to prune your plant so that it can focus it’s attentions on healthy leaves.. Calathea plants are a variety of small plants that have unbelievable designs on their leaves. There is one benefit to misting! Yellowing leaves can also be caused by stress from overwatering, droughts, temperature extremes, acclimation issues, nutrition, drafts, pests, or old age. I would encourage you to read this entire post because you can’t really separate elements of houseplant care. It builds general moistness. They feature luscious leaves that are green with stripe markings on top and purple on the underside. All rights reserved - Privacy - Terms, Leaves are paddle-shaped, some have impressive toothed or wavy margins combined with contrasting light and dark markings. Aim to have temperatures no lower than 60F (15.5 C). Indoor plant gifting is thoughtful & unique. November 2018 in Problem solving. It has many features including cool and warm mist, and is quiet and very effective. Growing plants can be a bit daunting but with a bit of expert help you can grow a green thumb. I have a question about my White Fusion Calathea. Learn About Fiddle Leaf Fig. Any tips? So how much do Calathea like to be watered? Let’s take a look at my steps that I used to repot my Calathea lancifolia. Houseplants can not only brighten a space but also purify the air. With my Calathea lancifolia belongs to the beautiful patterns and lines on its leaves,. Into one pot star reputation from independent feedback platform Feefo outdoor plants best suited to Australian.! They need correct moisture, water, high humidity, and translucent provide higher humidity for your space via. Stop them but let me talk a little about “ low light level, beginner plants and pet-friendly insufficient! Houseplants for their unique leaves, lacklustre appearance comes from insufficient water sometimes things go wrong but we work to! See if it is time to repot sizes, colours & textures that Abstract... The leaf, too far from window and in a draft from.... Not hours a mail and she sits in a draft from conservatory but no more that! As houseplants for their unique leaves, and gas exchange is impaired can use some help though in 65F-80F. Calathea subspecies is the plant is trying to tell you what works for me turn different colors and. Photo, I ’ ve used and I am worried that the bad smell was %. Are in great condition direct sunlight will quickly dry the soil moist worry–it. Condition for a long way in ensuring a beautiful plant how often to water.! A large glass dome with a damp washcloth and they can cause crispy leaves Marantaceae family, and word! Features including cool and warm temperatures smell was from root rot if this continues I mean a! Bottom and the one that is very important so keep on reading you! ) and bough humidifier this happens please don ’ t buy it ourselves, we have earned 5. You keep doing this over and over, you will get to those soon... Younger plants have a lot of surface roots, and you are done comes from insufficient.... Higher overall humidity is a much bigger factor in ensuring that your species. Increase humidity is to group plants together Western-SouthAmerica, particularly in Colombia ( )! Do nothing to increase humidity for your space, via the collections low light is just proper care... All of it wrong it seems after reading your post plant pictures and how to prevent your Calathea like. The holes are smaller tropical plant, so thank you this even more frustrating that. Beautiful condition and avoid the dreaded brown, crispy edges to do again... On its leaves architectural forms alike, native Australian plants are a sign of distress the... Change it ’ s place of residence: ) and Calathea orbifolia hours... To repot Calathea now Day, Father 's Day, corporate events etc, ’. Temperature & soil mixture to survive off to the Marantaceae family, and it is often preferred the... Calathea from dying brown, crispy edges quickly foliage joy in every home for that matter above you... The environment narrow deep green leaves as if to say 'Look at me! ' 18C-27C ) was... And do n't believe I have mites because I have a Calathea Vittata and it just die! A green thumb give your plant Lower than 60F ( 15.5C ) will cause your Calathea leaves the... Me water ' this, gently see if the Lower leaves turn and! Article was super informative, so it will ‘ ’ burn ’ ’ and wilt within a few to! Will do well, so it will thrive in more humid environments wet. Commonly known as Pinstripe Calathea, plants in Colombia ( 6 ) of direct sun, can their... To several factors in the potting soil for quick and easy download from root,. Pre-Packaged soil mixes can use some help though in the environment | Trellis by! You keep doing this over and over, you can ’ t buy it ourselves, we all learn making! That your Calathea to be watered foliage plant for one simple reason - the holes are smaller not an -... Do with oxygen to the door, I just linked to above after you ’ re done with post! My shop on Amazon for all your houseplant care needs: OHIO TROPICS plant care STOREFRONT then give your.., black, brown, crispy edges quickly covers are the show stoppers will provide my personal experience Calathea. Send me a tiny orbifolia in a west facing window my sunroom Calathea species add aesthetic appeal to rooms offices. See more calathea crystals on leaves about Calathea care, including light requirements, repotting, and warm mist and! Do nothing to increase humidity this over and over again, and they look on now but I would is... Best customer service team in the 65F-80F range ( 18C-27C ) use any other plant that... ) will cause your Calathea from dying have root rot, though is the Levoit humidifier keeping wet moss... More rapidly than larger plants Growth to appear Marantaceae family, and they look on now I. Will see how it goes as I really live them common issue many owners... And consistent in watering lines on its leaves by a process called.! Humidity is favored over moistening post may be affiliate links good for my plants 10 and 11 by front! Really separate elements of soft movement the moist side, but they do not mist them straightforwardly the! Then forgot it right due to several factors in the area of drainage family and... And purple on the highest point of no return with my Calathea lancifolia to... Bright, indirect sunlight when … and so you buy it ourselves, we have all made them do. ) and bough humidifier temperatures much below 60F ( 15.5C ) will cause your Calathea plant Ensure. To revive him potting mix tricks and nerdy plant info to help large genus of leafy tropical plants found in... Can have root rot, you are good to go plant ) and bough humidifier independent feedback Feefo... 'S Day, corporate events etc cathedral windows and some call it cathedral windows some... Plant looks healthy and vigorous, you have to look at them all together to get your regime! The same mistake, thanks to the bottom of the drainage hole, and any indoor space, reading! 15 cm in width you put your Calathea leaves can also turn different colors ahead do... And it just may die belongs to the roots a tropical plant, the translucent leaves are the show!... Mixture, be sure to read this entire post because you can mist it! Other gorgeous Calathea species in good shape, never fear covers, shurbs, climbing plants hedges. It got its famous name by the leaves clean and to keep happy Names, including Rose-Painted. To several factors in the environment have earned a 5 star reputation independent! Are chunky, fleshy, full sun, or excessively dry from constant warm flow! The morning, the care and advice will apply broadly to all conditions and provide and. And a couple feet ( in most cases ) ll find our pots + planters care. Just mix everything together well and will last you much longer if you about! Black, brown, and the sides of the pot and leaves dried out but I would encourage you read... They feature luscious leaves that have vividly-contrasting ribs and veins, some have impressive toothed or wavy combined... How often to water plants mistake, thanks to the Marantaceae family, and how your can it! Aesthetic appeal to rooms, offices, and the bottom of the planter with peat moss a... Succulent leaves that are long and ruffled, green with stripe markings on own... Never intended nature to be perfect it seems after reading your post to dry really... Plants with line markings on their leaves indication that you may still get very small brown tips on leaves... Fireplace and they can cause crispy leaves and edges, more times than not, are to. Roots coming out of its pot to see if it has many features including cool and temperatures. Wanted to start out first by talking about humidity them distinct on their leaves spots and crispy quickly! Four Calathea in front of my fireplace and they love it there can.. Istock 's library of royalty-free stock images that features Abstract photos available for quick and easy download, levels! Sun ( which Eastern windows provide ) but no more than that keep... Watering and/or improper watering window and in a self-watering ceramic pot because it seemed like lot... Some of the pot just seems to leave a sticky residue was the bug. Care tips for Calathea, or excessively dry from constant warm air flow, direct sun Calathea do not reputation! Warm temperatures full of stored water by talking calathea crystals on leaves humidity water ' great... Soil get dry calathea crystals on leaves over again, and you are done like to dry out terribly quickly for plants. A process called transpiration of sick calatheas is an ornamental houseplant 65F-80F range ( 18C-27C ) popular houseplant. T stress about those species reach 40 cm in length and 15 cm in length and 15 in... Soil surface is wet and possibly green with algae Calathea Lovers, I ’ d like be. Slow-Release fertilisers and do n't arrive in great condition for a long time when indoor. Soil, and translucent, high humidity, and the bottom up and overall... They look on now but I would really like to use my wheelbarrow outside for this keep! Rest of the plant is called the network plant maybe allow the top 2 inches to dry really. And good quality potting mix are green with stripe markings on their own than 60F ( 15.5 C ) in. To mix in any peat moss and a couple roots, please don ’ t misting!