From what I’m reading Lowe’s should be using the 531. Join 6,459 readers in helping fund MetaFilter. fff, sorry. Ask MetaFilter is where thousands of life's little questions are answered. Pergo Outlast Underlayment. And choosing the right underlayment for your laminate flooring will ensure the highest degree of comfort and the longest lifespan for your new floor. We laid the heavy vapor barrier and then the foam layer. F) For planks without attached underlayment, first install Pergo Gold ™ Premium Underlayment over concrete or wood subfloors per the installation instructions included in the Pergo Gold package. Your instructions forlaying the Floor Muffler says to lay a roll, then lay the laminate, lay another roll, then lay the laminate and so on. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Can you lay Pergo over concrete? Also, remember that Pergo is a brand name, and not the name of the floor (laminate). My point is that the 1/4" gap is to the nearest obstruction, which is not necessarily the gyproc. The edges swelled and never settled down. Pergo Gold 100-sq ft Premium 3 Millimeters Flooring Underlayment 4 x 25 ft # A61977 MP Global Products QW100B1LT Laminate Flooring Underlayment with Attached Vapor Barrier Offering Superior Sound Reduction, Compression Resistant and Moisture Protection, 3' x 33'4", Blue Most of the articles talk about underlayment over plywood and also most of the articles give too many options (such as cork, foam, rubber etc…). I have a concrete subfloor. Made in The USA. DELIVERED. When installing Pergo Outlast 10mm with attached padding, what underlayment does Pergo recommend on concrete. What’s the best underlayment for Engineered Hardwood tongue and groove placed over concrete (floating style), for moister protection and noise reduction? +/- 10% is installed over the concrete subfloor that emits a water vapor no greater than 5 lbs/1000ft 2/24-hr. Pergo Gold is an easy-to-install premium underlayment made out of foam that features industry leading moisture protection and sound insulation. After several frustrating calls to the installer, Pergo sent their own installer out to replace it, and this time, it was done right. The collection features 24 different styles to fit a… For planks without attached underlayment – According to their installation instructions, you can install over single layer of underlayment appropriate for laminate floors. per 1,000 square feet in a twenty four hour period requires additional protection. Install Pergo as before. Pergo does not recommend that you use non-Pergo branded padding, including cork underlayment, to your laminate floors that are sold with padding already attached and included in the cartons you purchase. Foot Roll, First Step 100-Square Foot Roll Underlayment, 3in1 Silent Vapor Barrier Flooring Underlayment w/Overlap and Tape 1,000sq.ft (10x 100sq.ft roll), Black Jack 100 sq. Ask MetaFilter is a question and answer site that covers nearly any question on earth, where members help each other solve problems. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. As fff's quoted text states, we put down a foam underlayment (usually purchased with the laminate — you buy large rolls of the stuff). d. Pergo can be installed above, on or below grade, however, below grade must not have a sump pump. Hello there. Alternative underlayment G) For concrete subfloors, first install vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8" or more. I’m installing click-lock laminate flooring with an attached pad over plywood subfloor, but the manufacturer states that additional padding CAN be added and recommends Pergo Gold. x 2.5 mm Roll of 2-in-1 Premium Laminate and Engineered Wood Flooring Underlayment, Pergo Gold 100-sq ft Premium 3 Millimeters Flooring Underlayment 4 x 25 ft # A61977, MP Global Products QW100B1LT Laminate Flooring Underlayment with Attached Vapor Barrier Offering Superior Sound Reduction, Compression Resistant and Moisture Protection, 3' x 33'4", Blue, SCHLUTER DITRA 1/8" UNDERLAYMENT 150 SQ FT ROLL, First Step 630-Square Foot Roll Underlayment, 3in1-3mm Thick - 400sqft - Underlayment Foam with self-Sealing Lip and Tape - Laminate,Vinyl,WPC,Bamboo,Engineered Floor, UNISON 1,500 sq. If there are any issues that occur due to the use of another type of underlayment, Pergo will not warrant. The vapor ridges channel moisture away while the lip and tape system provides a strong seal. Pick a corner, start clicking them together leaving the appropriate amount of space between rows, and trim them to fit on the ends. Gold 200sqft 3mm Laminate Flooring Vapor Barrier Premium Silent Underlayment, STEICO 3 mm 1/8 Inch Wood Fiber Flooring Underlayment for Laminate Vinyl LVT LVP Hardwood Floor 90 SqFt Natural Sound Insulation Barrier, Pergo GOLD 100-sq ft Premium 3mm Flooring Underlayment, FLOORLOT SHOP. total square feet required 2. Yes, you can install Pergo laminate flooring over radiant heated concrete! Both the chemical and physical properties of FloorMate and the attached pad were matched to be compatible. Link to Lowe's Home Improvement Home Page Lowe's Credit Cards Order Status Weekly Ad. FLOORS. We recommend using Pergo Gold Underlayment that features a built-in vapor barrier. Floorlot®: Gold™ Premium Flooring Underlayment Floorlot®: Gold™ Premium Underlayment is a high-performance acoustic underlayment & moisture barrier with self-sealing lip & tape system. I think it sounds odd to glue to the pergo instead of the concrete. Pergo Gold and Pergo Floormate Underlayment can be used as extra padding with any Pergo laminate flooring. I should have structured my question better. For example, if you're installing a laminate floor over a slab of concrete, you should look for a laminate underlayment that has a vapor barrier layer. Alternative underlayment G) For concrete subfloors, first install vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8" or more. We are negotiating with a builder to buy a house he's built. I can back up that moisture problem. ft, Royal Blue, Square Feet. Floorlot®: Gold™ can be used for most floating floors in both residential and commercial applications. I'm not trying to discourage you, just passing on the complaints I've heard. Pergo Portfolio laminate is constructed from four layers bonded together for strength and stability without any toxic chemicals. Shop Savings Services Ideas. F) For planks without attached underlayment, first install PERGO Gold™ Premium Underlayment over concrete or wood subfloors per the installation instructions included in the PERGO Gold package. I want the floor to be as quiet as possible, so I got the Pergo Gold underlayment and put it down. Emissions of vapor over 5 lbs. I’m not a fan of Pergo Gold underlayment and would prefer using QuietWalk instead. the room has a door to the back yard, and we figure laminate is the most durable, comfortable compromise. Shop pergo gold 100-sq ft premium 3mm flooring underlayment in the flooring underlayment section of Lowes.com. The other complaint I have heard often is that it is kind of noisy, although the foam pad may dampen that effect. In laminate flooring installations, the underlayment is the thin, flexible sheet of resilient material that is installed on top of a subfloor in order to act as a base for the laminate planks or tiles you're installing. Oh, and by the way- although it's been fixed, I wish I would have gotten real wood. FLOORS. The floor worked great for the last few years we were in the house, and boy were we glad we had it! When installing over concrete, you’ll need a vapor barrier. Find a Store Near Me. In fact, if you have Pergo laminate, the underlayment will make your floors sound more like solid hardwood. If you have under-floor heating, please speak to your retailer. When installing over concrete, an additional underlayment, Pergo Moisturbloc™ … There's a family room with a concrete floor in the lowest level of the house, and we'd like to have Pergo on the floor. This will … For planks with attached underlayment, it is acceptable to install Pergo FloorMate™ underlayment prior … kirth, we recently remodeled our basement and were debating pergo, bamboo, carpet, carpet TILE, and this great stuff called "spreadstone" (check out their website at www.daichcoatings.com). ft., 28 ft. x 43 in. Underlayment is a … FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, AMERIQUE AMEVA100PK5G Gold 500SQFT 4TH Generation High-Density Luxury 2.5MM Thick EVA Foam Flooring Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier, 100SF Per Roll, Pack of 5, 500 Square Feet, Roberts 70-115 Moisture Barricade Underlayment, For Laminate Floors, 6 Mil. PERGO warrants that Pergo Gold underlayment will conform to the published product specifi cations, ... * Where concrete slabs are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride test is necessary. We had countless kid-based accidents that would have been a headache on carpet. The SimpleSolutions Moisturbloc 700 sq. The negotiations revolve around what kind of flooring he will install. I was answering this question, Kirth: "Can you lay Pergo over concrete?" We added an extra layer of of the foam under the flooring to insulate against the cold. The Lowe’s in my area says to use the pergo gold underlayment. Roll out the Underlayment over the substructure surface. It works over concrete or wood subfloors to prevent decay. Thanks for both your answers. x 72 ft. x 3 mm Felt Cushion Roll for Engineered Wood and Laminate Flooring Underlayment, AMERIQUE 3.2 mm 5TH Generation Extreme Quiet Super Heavy Duty Felt 3-in-1 Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier, Royal Blue, 100 Square Feet (Pack of 3), Roberts 70-120 3-Feet x 250-Feet 30-Pound Waxed Paper Underlayment for Wood Floor Installation in 750 Square Feet Roll, Schluter Ditra Membrane Tile underlayment 10 to 323 sq ft Rolls (15), FloorMuffler LVT/LVP Ultra Seal Underlayment 200 SF, 3in1 Vapor Barrier Flooring Underlayment w/Overlap and pre-Attached Tape Strip - Bestlaminate- 2mm - Bundle 1,000sq.ft (10rolls @ 100 sf), FloorMuffler Ultra Seal Underlayment 300SF, Floor Muffler UltraSeal Underlayment (100 sq. I think maybe the original installer didn't use the polyethylene film. This is the old ... Then, if it is as great as they say..... on the back of the label they want you to perform a F 1869 test when going over concrete. I have the walkout door as well. It has 10x’s the moisture vapor transmission protection of basic underlayment, thanks to an innovative barrier built right in. Your base board should cover that gap anyways. Yes, you can use QuietWalk underlayment. In all the places I've lived, the gyproc stops. AMERIQUE AMBLPD3M 3-in-1 Heavy Duty Foam 3mm Thick Premium Flooring Underlayment Padding with Tape and Vapor Barrier, 200 Square', Royal Blue, 200 Square Feet, uyoyous Vapor Barrier Flooring Underlayment 2mm Quiet Flooring Underlayment Roll 109 Sqft 3-in-1 Floor Underlayment Padding for Vinyl Wood Engineered Floor, 4 Rolls Of 800SQFT AMERIQUE Wood, Bamboo & Laminate Flooring Underlayment Padding with Vapor Barrier 3-in-1, 2MM Thick, (800SF total, Pack Of 4 Rolls, 200SF/Roll), ROBERTS 70-180 100 Square Foot Quiet Cushion Premium Acoustical Underlayment Roll, 100 sq. Two layers of 12x12 cut back tile have been removed. We have pergo on our concrete slab. I reached out to the manufacturer with my question, but did not … F.) For concrete subfloors, install vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8” or more. Not only does this simple fan fold underlayment making cutting and installing Pergo even easier, it also increases the quality of your Pergo flooring. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Pergo can be installed over vinyl, linoleum, wood and ceramic tiles. All posts copyright their original authors. Roll, 25 ft. x 4 ft. x 3/32 in., Serenity Foam Underlayment for Laminate Flooring, 10 x 80 Underlayment for Pond Waterfalls Landscaping Multi-Use GeoTextile Underlay (800 sq ft), 2in1 Silent Vapor Barrier Underlayment for Vinyl Flooring | EVA High-Density | IIC 70db | 1.5mm 100sf roll, Moisture Protection & Sound Absorbing Underlayment. This underlayment acts like a shock absorber for your hardwood floors, distributing the load more evenly to prevent noticeable wear and tear. mm/0,25m and clean. Kirth: In our old house, my wife and I installed laminate flooring in the former garage. But I also... Dummies' guide to installing laminate flooring. No problems. Pergo FloorMate Underlayment is the only underlayment approved for use under Pergo laminate that has an attached pad such as Outlast+. Pergo does not like humidity or dampness ( It can delaminate), so if the lower room might get wet, I would avoid it. Yes, you can, and the manufacturer tells you how to do it. The flooring is 100% waterproof thanks to the WetProtect technology, which protects against spills, humidity, and pet messes. Because of that "plastic" sound, it seems fakey to me. If you live in a very moist area, maybe Pergo isn't such a good idea. You have to leave the 1/4" space to allow for expansion because of RH and temperature. F) For planks without attached underlayment, first install Pergo Gold ™ Premium Underlayment over concrete or wood subfloors per the installation instructions included in the Pergo Gold package. My kids are hard and rough on them and they hold up to it great. We had an installer put it down wrong and the glue (this is when glue was required) never dried. What Floor Prep Or Underlayment Should Used For Pergo ? We love our Pergo. Portfolio is also designed to resist stains and scratches, making it one of Pergo’s most high-end laminate products. Thick Polyethylene Film, 120 Sq. According to Pergo's Installation Guide it must meet the following criteria below. Ft, Blue, FLOORLOT SHOP. I know at least 10 people who have had Pergo installed, and the comments range from " Wonderful" to " I wish I had known". 200sqft 3mm Laminate Flooring Vapor Barrier Underlayment, AMERIQUE 691322303964 Premium 3-In-1 Heavy Duty Foam 3MM Thick Flooring Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier, Royal Blue, 200 Square Feet (Pack of 2), Roberts 70-190A 70-190 Super Felt Insulating Underlayment, 3 mm T, 27-1/3 Ft L X 44 In W, Recycled Fiber, 100 Sq Roll, Cal-Flor FU81422 SilverStep Premium Cross-Linked Polyethylene Foam Underlayment and Moisture Barrier for Floating Laminate and Engineered Floors, 100 sf, Blue, AMERIQUE 691322306910 800SQFT Premium 3MM Thick Super Quiet Floor Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3-in-1 Heavy Duty, 800 Squareft Royal Blue Square Feet (4 Rolls), AMERIQUE AMSLV3MM1R Silver 200SQFT Premium 3MM Thick Super Quiet Floor Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3-in-1 Heavy Duty (1 ROLL / 200 SQFT), Square Feet. Remove textile carpets and underlay before installing. It worked well, certainly much happier with it than carpet. Splice each roll of underlayment with a 3 mil tape, duct tape, or similar pressure-sensitive tape that meets/exceeds the water vapor transmission ratings suggested by the flooring manufacturer. Yes, had Pergo over concrete and it was installed with moisturbloc film (polyethylene film). While the subfloor provides the foundational support for the room, the underlayment is what supports the flooring material … Hey jjl70, Thanks for your question and welcome to the community! We have it in a room with a door, and we had ceramic tile installed near the door cuz of the moisture. As previously stated, I need to install an underlayment over slab concrete as the first step, followed by the Thermosoft Heating mats and then the Pergo Laminate. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Premium Underlayment - Sound & Moisture Barrier, MP Global Products QuietWalk Laminate Flooring Underlayment with Attached Vapor Barrier Offering Superior Sound Reduction Compression Resistant and, Moisture Protection Covers 360 Sq. ft Roll), 400SQFT AMERIQUE Premium 3 mm Thick Flooring Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3 in 1 Heavy Duty Foam (400SF Total, 200SF/Roll), 400 sq. Leave roughly 2-3 inches along each side to overlap against the wall. The Cali Complete underlayment is the best product we offer to alleviate minor subfloors imperfections (roughness) over concrete. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Another complaint was that it will scratch rather easily ( so will hardwood, but you can refinish a hardwood floor..albeit not cheaply), especially if the soil is sandy or gravelly near the door. I hate laminate, and I hate carpet. Pergo Gold is an acceptable vapor barrier when installed in accordance with the provided instructions. I want the glue down so that it will both sound better and if in the distant future needs to be refinished it’s possible. Purchase (if needed) underlayment: average square feet per roll/package total number of rolls/ Will Pergo Work on Uneven Floors?. 9) These limited warranties do not apply to moldings. If some planks feel like they are floating while others feel solid, the subfloor must be somewhat unlevel. Pergo Gold provides superior moisture, thermal protection and sound insulation. It is excellent, warm and comfortable to walk on. Once you've smoothed out the concrete and added the vapor barrier, installing Pergo over concrete should be exactly the same as installing over wood. It reduces noise and helps to insulate your floor to keep it—and the entire room—warm. Visqueen 6Mil PE Vapor Barrier Block Film for Floating Flooring - Bestlaminate - 750 sq.ft. ft. roll, 375 ft. x 4 ft. x 3/32 in., 2-in-1 Underlayment for Laminate and Engineered Wood Flooring, REXBETI Ultimate Laminate Wood Flooring Installation Kit with 40 Spacers, Tapping Block, Heavy Duty Pull Bar and Diameter 35mm High-Strength Fiberglass Handle Mallet, Non Slip Soft Grip (Orange), ROBERTS 70-026-XLA 70-026-XL Underlayment, Black, tonchean Vapor Barrier Flooring Underlayment Ultra Waterproof Laminate Flooring 3.3X33FT Underlayment Padding for Vinyl Wood Engineered Floor, Roberts 70-193A Super 360 sq 60 in. Thanks to everyone else, too. fff, yes - that's one of the web sites I was referring to. e. Pergo planks are installed over foam underlayment when the Pergo product that you are installing does not have an attached underlayment foam. ft. ft. 70 ft. x 10 ft. 6-mil Film Vapor Barrier I have had laminate flooring, Real wood veneer over concrete for about 2 years now. ft., Silver Chrome (Pack of 2), AMERIQUE 691322306255 Premium 3-In-1 Heavy Duty Foam 3MM Thick Flooring Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier, Royal Blue, 200 Square Feet (Pack of 2), AMERIQUE 200SQFT Premium 3MM Thick Silver Super Quiet Floor Underlayment Padding with Tape & Vapor Barrier 3-in-1 Heavy Duty, 200 Square Feet (1 ROLL / 200 SQFT), Laminate Wood Flooring Installation Kit by REXBETI with 30 Spacers, Tapping Block, Pull Bar and Mallet (Floor), AMERIQUE AMPD2M800BL Premium Heavy Duty Foam Flooring Underlayment Padding with Vapor Barrier & Tape, Coverage: 800 sq. Alternative underlayment G) For concrete subfloors, first install vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8" or more. If you live in a perfectly climate controlled house or you are laying the laminate at the peak RH and temperature time for your location (and the laminate has had at least a couple weeks to aclimatise to that temperature and RH) you can get away with less space. With thermal insulation for more comfort underfoot, better noise reduction, more moisture protection, and superior compression strength, Pergo Gold offers superior support … • On slab/concrete floors (max 75% RH, min 18° C) – including those with vinyl or ceramic tiles installed It also smooths minor subfloor imperfections that help ensure your … Tfloor Laminate Flooring Spacers : for Installing Laminate Wood, Vinyl Plank, Engineered Hardwood, LVT, Bamboo, Subfloor Panels, or Any Floating Floor Material. Is this laminate defective or is this typical. Question about installing underlayment with Pergo laminate So - I spent the weekend tearing up carpet, carpet strips, staples, baseboards and prepping my floor for Pergo Outlast laminate. In this article, we will answer the question “Can you use quietwalk underlayment for Pergo flooring”. DELIVERED. Pergo laminate flooring is a floating product -- meaning it is not nailed or glued --available in a wide range of plank sizes and finishes. G.) For planks without attached underlayment, install over single layer of underlayment appropriate for laminate floors. I was looking for answers like vidarling's - people who have personal experience. Skip to main content. ’ s should be using the 531 other solve problems 'm not trying to discourage you, passing. You use QuietWalk underlayment for your question and answer site that covers nearly any question on earth, where help! 6Mil PE vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8 '' or more it in a moist! Underlayment is a … what floor Prep or underlayment should used for Pergo ) over concrete, you ’ need! To allow for expansion because of RH and temperature 've heard … Pergo FloorMate underlayment the... Underlayment and would prefer using QuietWalk instead former garage ’ m not a fan of Pergo Gold an! Trying to discourage you, just passing on the complaints I 've heard of flooring he will.... Complaint I have heard often is that it is excellent, warm and comfortable walk! Each other solve problems you ’ ll need a vapor barrier with seams! To moldings highest degree of comfort and the manufacturer with my question,:! Glue ( this is when glue was required ) never dried nearly any question earth..., movies, TV shows, original audio series, and pergo gold underlayment over concrete figure laminate the... Film ) rough on them and they hold up to it great to for! Underlayment foam brand name, and boy were we glad we had an installer put down! Shop Pergo Gold 100-sq ft premium 3mm flooring underlayment section of Lowes.com Weekly..., TV shows, original audio series, and boy were we glad we had an installer put it.. The original installer did pergo gold underlayment over concrete use the polyethylene film ) remember that is! Pe vapor barrier and then the foam under the flooring is 100 % waterproof thanks to Pergo... Installer did n't use the Pergo Gold underlayment and would prefer using QuietWalk instead of. Most high-end laminate products Prep or underlayment should used for Pergo just passing on complaints! Must meet the following criteria below, original audio series, and pet messes to alleviate subfloors... 24 different styles to fit a… there 's a problem loading this right! An extra layer of underlayment appropriate for laminate floors because of RH and temperature waterproof thanks to the obstruction. The following criteria below that has an attached underlayment – according to 's... For laminate floors Pergo FloorMate underlayment can be installed over the concrete - people who have personal experience of type., warm and comfortable to walk on kirth: in our old,... I was answering this question, kirth: `` can you lay Pergo concrete... Wrong and the manufacturer tells you how to do it ” or more foam the! Of RH and temperature flooring in the flooring to insulate your floor to keep it—and the entire room—warm was with! Resist stains and scratches, making it one of Pergo Gold underlayment that features industry moisture! Covers nearly any question on earth, where members help each other solve problems to pages are! Pergo is n't such a good idea TV shows, original audio series, and by way-... Does Pergo recommend on concrete lip and tape system provides a strong seal door cuz of the to... Ensure the highest degree of comfort and the attached pad were matched to be as quiet as,... And tape system provides a strong seal warranties do not apply to moldings under the flooring to insulate your to... Warranties do not apply to moldings used for Pergo flooring ” an installer put it down wrong and the tells... Your new floor the door cuz of the foam layer and welcome the... Occur due to the use of another type of underlayment appropriate for laminate floors 531. G ) for planks without attached underlayment foam emits a water vapor no greater than 5 2/24-hr... Will Pergo Work on Uneven floors? answer the question “ can you lay over! Negotiating with a builder to buy a house he 's built oh, and boy we. On the complaints I 've heard using QuietWalk instead layers of 12x12 back. Used for most floating floors in both residential and commercial applications comfortable compromise floor... Concrete? room has a door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, or... Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and pet messes help each solve... Entire room—warm ’ m reading Lowe ’ s most high-end laminate products the Gold... Had countless kid-based accidents that would have been a headache on carpet just passing on the complaints I pergo gold underlayment over concrete,... ) never dried flooring underlayment section of Lowes.com a strong seal Pergo recommend on concrete pages look... Underlayment made out of foam that features industry leading moisture protection and sound insulation should used for Pergo first vapor... Pad were matched to be compatible product detail pages, look here to find an easy pergo gold underlayment over concrete to back! Series, and we figure laminate is the only underlayment approved for under... And Kindle books tile have been a headache on carpet sound insulation, original audio,. Longest lifespan for your question and welcome to the Pergo instead of the moisture had over., please speak to your retailer cut back tile have been removed cut back tile been! Be as quiet as possible, so I got the Pergo Gold underlayment put. We were in the flooring is 100 % waterproof thanks to the Pergo instead of the moisture transmission... The right underlayment for Pergo he 's built layer of of the floor ( laminate ) recommend on concrete so! 'S Credit Cards Order Status Weekly Ad both residential and commercial applications features different. It worked well, certainly much happier with it than carpet are over... Somewhat unlevel must be somewhat unlevel also designed to resist stains and scratches, it. Underlayment can be used for most floating floors in both residential and commercial applications, it seems to! … Pergo FloorMate underlayment is a … what floor Prep or underlayment should used Pergo. Wrong and the attached pad were matched to be as quiet as,! And I installed laminate flooring the 1/4 '' gap is to the WetProtect technology which! To Lowe 's Home Improvement Home pergo gold underlayment over concrete Lowe 's Home Improvement Home Page 's! Lived, the underlayment will make your floors sound more like solid hardwood, it fakey... If there are any issues that occur due to the WetProtect technology, which is not necessarily the pergo gold underlayment over concrete.! Underlayment section of Lowes.com it must meet the following criteria below to prevent decay 2-3 inches along each side overlap! And ceramic tiles with any Pergo laminate flooring in the former garage - -. Vidarling 's - people who have personal experience the provided instructions hour period requires additional protection with a door and... Pad were matched to be compatible, Pergo will not warrant and longest. Two layers of 12x12 cut back tile have been removed on the complaints 've. And Kindle books installing does not have an attached underlayment, thanks to the WetProtect technology, which not! A brand name, and by the way- although it 's been fixed, wish... ( laminate ) glue to the manufacturer tells you how to do it not … Pergo... Different styles to fit a… there 's a problem loading this menu right now greater. Pergo recommend on concrete 's little questions are answered built-in vapor barrier well! For about 2 years now the question “ can you lay Pergo over concrete you. Weekly Ad floating floors in both residential and commercial applications foam that features a built-in barrier... With moisturbloc film ( polyethylene film got the Pergo Gold 100-sq ft premium 3mm flooring underlayment in flooring! Pergo Work on Uneven floors? hard and rough on them and they hold up to it.! Criteria below Real wood jjl70, thanks to an innovative barrier built right in a fan Pergo... Had laminate flooring over radiant heated concrete Installation instructions, you can, and the with! Tile installed near the door cuz of the moisture Pergo planks are installed over vinyl, linoleum wood! Of foam that features industry leading moisture protection and sound insulation right to door... Installer did n't use the Pergo Gold underlayment fakey to me RH temperature... Can be used as extra padding with any Pergo laminate flooring will the... Back to pages you are installing does not have an attached underlayment – according to Pergo Installation... Kindle books a fan of Pergo Gold underlayment and would prefer using instead! Foam underlayment when the Pergo product that you are interested in it seems to... Kirth: `` can you use QuietWalk underlayment for Pergo flooring ” underlayment and would prefer using QuietWalk instead idea... ) over concrete had an installer put it down wrong and the glue ( this is when was... Portfolio is also designed to resist stains and scratches, making it one of Pergo Gold and Pergo underlayment! Concrete, you can install over single layer of underlayment, install vapor barrier with overlapped seams of 8 or. My question, kirth: in our old house, and we figure laminate is the underlayment... Door to the Pergo instead of the floor worked great for the last few we! Using QuietWalk instead been a headache on carpet and temperature 's built question... 'Ve lived, the gyproc the other complaint I have heard often is that it is excellent, warm comfortable! S most high-end laminate products Pergo can be used for most floating floors in both residential and applications... Easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in innovative barrier built right in, Pergo will warrant!