A modified version of Kershaw’s Leek model, this knife is coated in titanium-oxide, which gives each one a completely unique “rainbow” appearance. This Kershaw classic can be had with different steels, handle materials and colors, and even different locking mechanisms. Kershaw+USA over CRKT+Asia any day of the week! On the downside, however, some users have complained about the grip quality, and of the large thumb studs catching on clothing or string. Oct 13, 2014 #1. This is due to its modified tanto blade, which has a gride (or swedge) running through it to support piercing and puncturing rough materials, making it an excellent knife for EMTs or first responders. These knives are popular, and new models are introduced on a regular basis. The Kershaw Fatback has become something of a legend among EDC knives, not just for its heft and reliability, but for its name. I’ve been a Ken Onion fan for a while now. Pros: (+) Beautiful collector’s item blade. Made from 3.25” of Sandvik 14C28N, it features a DLC coating for added corrosion resistance (and it doesn’t look half bad either). Cons: (-) SpeedSafe failures have been reported. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It can serve as a cord cutter for splicing wires, a rudimentary screwdriver in a pinch, a hex wrench, and a bottle opener. This is a big reason why their products have been racking up awards for decades now, including a win at the 2007 Blade Show “Overall Knife of the Year” victory for the Tyrade 1850 and 2010’s “American Made Knife of the Year” for the Tilt 4001. One of the main draws of the Funxion is its multipurpose tool at the base of the knife. The Eros was previously available in two separate sizes (a 2” and a 3”) but the small Eros has been discontinued, so it’s the large variant only now. (-) Short blade but a fat handle – a little cumbersome for EDC. Still, every great knife is not without its occasional complaints, and the Brawler’s seem to largely center on its heft – some consider the handle too thick – and the occasional failure of the spring-assisted, SpeedSafe mechanism, turning the assisted folder into just a folder. The Leek has an overall length of 7″, a 3″ blade, weighs 3 about ounces, and is made in America. Cons: (-) Potentially too thick for EDC. While some may consider it a bit gimmicky, the Buck Commander also comes with “Zipit” Gut Hook Blade, which any hunter will tell you is extremely useful when attempting to field dress without ruining the meat. Blur when I sauntered up to the CRKT booth and chatted up Joel Bornzin who knows a thing or two about blades. (-) Low price may indicate “cheap” quality to some. It’s unique design, which also includes a thumb disk, lanyard hold, and wide thumb ramp is focused on utility and offering a great grip, particularly at the index finger. Also, I don't want to spend more than $60 on Amazon. While a similar knife in the Kershaw Leek exists, the Eros SS outclasses it overall with its classy finish, satin blade, and real, legitimate belly. Feb 25, 2014. Kershaw Blur. Like almost all modern Kershaw models, the Brawler comes equipped with SpeedSafe supported opening, a glass-filled nylon handle for maximum strength, and a black oxide finish to resist corrosion. Below, we’ve selected 10 amazing knives from Kershaw’s impressive portfolio, each with its own pros, cons, and “must-have” features. Pros: (+) Hefty and solidly build, but still suited to daily use. With the standard Kershaw attributes like SpeedSafe deployment and full reversibility, this is an extremely versatile knife for everyday use. (+) Ultra smooth action. However, if the goal is to get your hands on a survival knife that will last you a lifetime and beyond, this might not be your blade. (-) Clip leaves a high carry in the pocket. Here you can show them off, help others find one, or even just talk about them. Press J to jump to the feed. There are hunting knives and there is the Kershaw Buck Commander. Dec 11, 2009. Their designs are sleek and clean, but ultimately functional. At a Glance: Our Choices for The 10 Best Kershaw Knives, Kershaw Fatback (1935) Multipurpose Knife, Kershaw Brawler (1990) Folding Pocket Knife, Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocket Knife, Kershaw Shuffle II Multifunction Folding Pocket Knife, Kershaw Ken Onion Rainbow Leek Folding Knife, Kershaw CQC-8K (6044TBLK) Emerson Designed Pocket Knife, Kershaw Leek, Composite Blade (1660CB) Pocket Knife, The 10 Best Kershaw Knives in 2020 for Everyday Carry, https://survivorsfortress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Survivors-Fortress-Logo.png, https://survivorsfortress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/best-kershaw-knives-featured-image.jpg. Trading expensive features like antler handles for utility and reliability, this fixed blade model is the perfect companion to take with you into the woods. (+) Hefty and solidly built. When people think of a Kershaw, they likely think of two knives. The unit has a 3-position pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry, as well as Kershaw’s patented SpeedSafe spring-assisted opening mechanism. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It’s not always easy to define what makes a knife great. Another criticism of the knife is its overall lightweight feeling, which some users think feels “cheap,” while others think makes it that much better as an EDC blade. Built with reliable 8Cr13MoV steel, the 3” blade is more useful than its size would imply, and at 4.1” closed, the Brawler is stealthy, functional, and easy to carry. Many of the design elements we take for granted were introduced by Kershaw, including knives with interchangeable blades. Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. The handle features an extra large lanyard hold, a bottle opener, and a flathead screwdriver tip, none of which manage to take away from the knife’s overall sleek design and feel. Kershaw: Notable Models One of the most popular Kershaw knives is Kershaw Cryo 2 (take a look: Kershaw Cryo 2 vs Spyderco Tenacious). 701. Disclaimer ThePocketKnifeGuy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.ca (-) Some Users have reported issues with clips breaking. To point, they are one of the most well-respected and esteemed blade brands on the market, yet they’ve remained humble enough to keep their products affordable for the everyday knife enthusiast, camper, hunter, or collector. Others want a different knife for every job, and want each blade to do what it does best. CRKT Ripple. Kershaw Leek vs. Volt SS This is my first time ever buying a folder knife and having a budget of $50 max these 2 are the ones I've come down to. Learn how your comment data is processed. Survivor’s Fortress participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Kershaw is a great company with awesome customer service and with Warranty Jan 19, 2010 #13. tjsulli790. 3. Like many Kershaw models, this Leek features a SpeedSafe spring-assisted opening mechanism, as well as a flipper and pre-drilled lanyard hole. It comes with a 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade, which is easy to sharpen. We will keep this list updated as new Ken Onion EDC, folding, fixed blade and pocket knives are announced. However, Kershaw does provide some quality knives that are also affordable, like the Leek and the Blur. In my (extremely limited) research, CRKT knives are generally less expensive, but also generally not as well made. ... My vote goes to the leek. Some users, on the other hand, don’t know much about how the Rainbow Leek functions, because they find it “too pretty to use,” or have kept it in a collectors case since taking it out of the box. However, it has excellent build quality and features. Pros: (+) Lightly build but with a thick, hardy blade. I absolutely love mine even though it’s a touch heavy relative to its cutting power, but nonetheless it has a super, super acute needlepoint blade which is remarkable as manufacturers tend to avoid true needlepoints due to them snapping off during hard use, and thus having to deal with endless warranty issues. © 2018 SURVIVOR'S FORTRESS. But the Ripple is … While not “swiss army” level in utility, for a single addition, it does a surprising amount. The Kershaw Leek is a finely crafted interpretation of a common tool. Because they have so many models to offer, it's difficult to narrow it down to only 5. Another major feature is the modified drop-point blade. In my opinion, the classic flipper. Probably the biggest “wow” feature of this knife is the blade. In fact, I was toting my Kershaw K.O. Cons: (-) One of Kershaw’s pricier models. This includes working with renowned knife designer Ken Onion to develop their patented SpeedSafe opening mechanism and developing composite blades designs that feature edge-retaining steel on the blade and strength-retaining steel on the spine. Composite blade knives are a “love it or hate it” trend, but the Kershaw Leek Composite Blade might be able to change that. The Kershaw is 1/2 the money also. While the name of the Kershaw Brawler may seem to imply it is designed for tactical use, this knife is actually far better suited to saving lives. Regardless, there’s no denying this is a sharp-looking and all-around sharp knife and would be extremely useful in a wide range of situations – from EDC to utility to basic outdoorsmanship. SpeedSafe deployment. Kershaw never set out to make every type of knife there is – they knew what they did well, and they learned how to do it better. But, know what kind of knife you're looking for before making any decisions. Cons: (-) Large for an EDC knife, but very light. Like many Kershaw blades, the Fatback comes with SpeedSafe, spring-assisted deployment, but this model also features a flipper and thumb stud. Their pieces are particularly regarded for their “solidly built” feel and smooth action, with many users marveling over how good the blades suit a variety of hand sizes, or how effortless the blade opens even after 30 years in an attic or garage. All in all, Kershaw remains a great choice for EDC blades and shows a lot of promise for the future. This item CRKT Ken Onion Eros Lightweight Razor Edge Knife K455TXP Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife, 3 inch Blade, Great EDC Folding Knives, Frame Lock, SpeedSafe Assisted Opening, Made … A blade could be $1 or $10,000, but if it doesn’t deliver when you need it too, it might as well be a pencil. Kershaw has accomplished in under 50 years what many blade manufacturers haven’t accomplished in centuries. The CQC-8K is a collaboration design between Emerson blades and Kershaw, so it is one of only a handful of Kershaws to feature an “Emerson Wave,” a tactical-knife feature that deploys the blade as it is being removed from a pocket. The handle is slippery and sometimes difficult to maintain a safe grip on the knife. Welcome to r/pocketknives, a community for any pocket knives, hunting knives, or Swiss Army knives. The reinforced, 2.6” 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade is wide and mean – well-suited to slashing, slicing, carving, and puncturing. We’ll start with a little information on the company, and then profile our picks for the 10 best Kershaw knives. Knives have a thriving market, so re-selling your knives is no problem. Ask any 10 blade owners, and you’ll get 10 different stories about how the term “Fatback” came to be. If you want to use it daily, however, don’t expect it to stay as pretty as the day you bought it. Kershaw Leek. Turn work into a delight with a Kershaw Knife in your hand. We’re always happy to add a few more models to our collection. This experience was the detonator for him to pursue learning and becoming better prepared to face the kind of unexpected disasters that may occur at any point in our lives. The most common issue, however, is with the knife’s plain stainless steel handle, which can get somewhat slippery in some conditions. The first is the Leek, and the second is the Blur. To some, versatility is key, so they want something that will be just as useful on a fishing line as it will on a battlefield. (-) Chisel grind does not work for many cutting situations. Also a Ken Onion design, the Blur has been a part of Kershaw for years and acts as a sort of counterforce to the Leek. But, know what kind of knife you're looking for before making any decisions. Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocket knife, The Best Gerber Knives for Your Outdoor Adventures, 7 Best Mora Knives: Affordable Blades for Bushcraft and Survival. Since you like analogies, the Leek is an automatic transmission Mercedes SL500, while the Eros is a manual transmission McLaren F1. Ken Onion himself carries the Eros more often than any other knife . Other complaints mostly fixate on the included sheath, which many consider to be of extremely low quality and not befitting the knife at all. Just before 2000, a production facility was opened in Wilsonville, Oregon, and Kershaw officially became synonymous with KAI USA’s sporting, camping, and everyday carry division. (+) Blackwashed, high chromium and carbon blade. (+) Renowned Leek design with SpeedSafe opening mechanism. While detractors tend to complain about extraneous features like the pocket clip breaking or leaving too high a carry in the pocket, the reputation this knife has garnered over the years makes it a sound investment for anyone wanting a good “all around” blade. If you’ve come across any stand out Kershaw Knives, please e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know. Featuring a savage-looking 3.5” 8Cr14MoV Tanto blade, this knife is designed to stab and puncture as well as slice. Pros: (+) Sharp, elegant, and solid. I'm 18 and about to buy my first folding knife and I want one that is well-made, good-looking, has a partially serrated edge, has a closed length of less than 4.4 inches, but a blade length above 3 inches. Ask the manufacturer, however, and they’ll tell you the name comes from the extra texturing on the nylon handle, which is filled with glass for extra strength and stiffness. The slim design makes it easy to carry and its razor-sharp blade of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N means it can take care of a full range of cutting tasks. Regardless of the naysayers, those looking for a hardy but lightweight knife should have few issues with the Knockout. 1,014. That being said, the only way to tell if a blade is right for you is to look at it in detail. Both of thee are exceptional in there own unique way and will provide anyone with a solid EDC (every day carry knife).... CRKT M16 vs Kershaw Leek Composite blade knives are a “love it or hate it” trend, but the Kershaw Leek Composite Blade might be able to change that. I carry a Kershaw every day, I love it, it holds an edge alright and I paid $40.00 for it. For those who want something with a little more heft, there are plenty of other models that offer a more solid feel. I can’t help but compare this knife with the stainless steel Leek. The Kershaw Leek just may be the ideal EDC. Like the vegetable it was named after, this is a sleek and slim design. Once you know what kind of knife you want (length, weight, type of steel, material of grip, flip/fixed/automatic, type of lock, additional features, etc), it makes finding what you're looking for much easier. Since then, they’ve been leading the pack in technology, procedures, and materials – producing extremely reliable, affordable knives that live up to Pete Kershaw’s standards of quality. Pros: (+) Modified tanto blade is suitable for puncturing as well as cutting. Others report that they fully reversible pocket clip (another Kershaw standard) either breaks too easily or impedes deployment after being modified. Just watch YouTube reviews and search for articles. The blade also boasts Kershaw’s patented “Blackwash” finish, which is a blend of blade coating and stonewashing that makes the black finish impervious to fingerprints and smudges and resistant to scratching. Still, other users have mentioned that the 4-way adjustable pocket clip is either too tight or has needed replacement. As the 2002 Blade Magazine “Knife of the Year,” it has an excellent reputation – and a big price – to live up to. Jan 13, 2009. However, if you’re looking for an EDC knife that’s going to spend most of its time attacking boxes, this might now be the #1 choice. I didn't think I'd ever change after four years of spring-assisted blades, but the IKBS in the Eros is really spectacular and simplifies the knife. Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife, 3 inch Blade, Great EDC Folding Knives, Frame Lock, SpeedSafe Assisted Opening, Made in the USA, Multiple Styles CRKT CEO EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Low Profile Gentleman's Knife, Everyday Carry, Satin Blade, IKBS Ball Bearing Pivot, Liner Lock, Glass Reinforced Fiber Handle, Deep Carry Pocket Clip 7096 (-) Weighs nearly ½ lb. With the Emerson Wave in place, Kershaw has also skipped the SpeedSafe assisted opening on this model, which some users think is sorely missed. The addition of a satin finished blade with a slight belly and slightly reinforced tip is nice. Read my review of Kershaw Leek Knife. CRKT and Kershaw make absolutely brilliant, reliable and stunning knives. A truly innovative knife design – there are no rules regarding what you can use the Rainbow Leek for. (-) Can be dangerous to open two-handed. I just bought my first knife today (Spyderco Persistence) after days of viewing knives. Designed by Ken Onion. That’s when he pulled out Onion’s latest aromatic effort for CRKT. It was quite a shock when Ken Onion left Kershaw and even more shocking that he went to CRKT. Handle & Ergonomics: The handle on the Kershaw Leek is made up of 410 stainless steel with a bead-blasted finish. While rare, these issues do show that Kershaw has some room for improvement, and would do well to consider their customer feedback. Two of the most popular models from both of these companies is the CRKT M16 02z and the Kershaw leek. The Kershaw Shuffle II goes to great lengths to be an “outdoorsman’s knife.” That being said, it would also be well-suited to everyday uses on the job, and wouldn’t be completely useless in a self-defense situation. Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Pros: (+) Deep pocket carry knife with a large, DLC coated blade. Behind the look, however, it is a reliable, easy-open flipper that has good weight and a solid feel, with some saying it feels like a fixed blade in the hand. Below are only a couple of the great knives Kershaw has to offer, this list isn't complete by no means. Cons: (-) No SpeedSafe feature, so it’s either Emerson or manual deployment. The nylon handle features glass filaments, which give it extra strength, as well as a rubber cover to help gloved hands keep their grip. In my (extremely limited) research, CRKT knives are generally less expensive, but also generally not as well made. It strikes a balance of form and function usually reserved for equipment far, far more expensive. This texturing gives the handle an excellent grip in wet conditions. Conrad Novak is a proud father of two children. If you’re a hunter who wants a field dressing knife that’s more about utility than looks, this is a great option to consider. This lightweight folder is aimed directly at the Every Day Carry (EDC) market. As we’ve shown, Kershaw is a pioneer in affordable, high-quality knives, but they have also been extremely innovative as well, adding features that really put their models above much higher priced competition. As a tactical or first-responder knife, the CQC-8K is almost guaranteed to deliver. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. For users who want versatility and reliability, this blade will deliver. (+) DLC coating on the blade resists chipping and dulling. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. All in all, the Kershaw Fatback is an excellent EDC knife provided you don’t mind the pocket bulk, but the jury is still out on how reliable it is in a life-or-death situation. The slim handle gives it a very sleek profile. Those that have taken to the Leek as an EDC or utility knife find it razor-sharp and versatile, but often complain that the titanium-oxide coating makes the handle quite slippery. Kershaw Leek In this article, we’re going to be looking at a knife brand that has done its best to produce those “reliable” models for over 40 years: Kershaw Blades. Kershaw to fit every purpose realize that everything can change for the 10 best Bushcraft knives: picks... Or impedes deployment after being modified Mora knives: affordable blades for Bushcraft and.... Has some room for improvement, and even different locking mechanisms the knife too bulky for deep carry but light... My estimation, the liner lock version as well as slice useful knife! ) Tanto-style blade designed to puncture as well as slice in self-defense situations coating on the market regardless! Tactical or first-responder knife, but I 'm open to other genres cast, more posts from the.! Easily one of the naysayers, those looking for a hardy but lightweight knife should have few issues with Blur! Technologies that are also affordable, like the vegetable it was only $ 45 so. It comes with a bead-blasted finish blade ’ s feather weight best ESEE knives 2020! All stainless steel blade, the Leek haven ’ t help but compare this knife is designed to stab puncture!, folding, fixed blade and pocket knives, hunting knives, please e-mail at... And he lost his job due to the 2008 economic crisis featuring a savage-looking 3.5 ” Tanto! Blade manufacturers haven ’ t shown a hesitancy to innovate Hurricane Katrina hit and he his... To puncture as well as a flipper and pre-drilled lanyard hole open two-handed tactical or first-responder knife, but suited! Not always easy to sharpen including knives with interchangeable blades open to genres! We take for granted were introduced by Kershaw, including knives with interchangeable blades will keep this updated!, store it, it has excellent build quality and features the naysayers, looking... A lot of promise for the 10 best Bushcraft knives: affordable for. Interchangeable blades knife you 're looking for a single addition, it was only $ 45 so... “ wow ” feature of this knife with the standard Kershaw attributes like SpeedSafe deployment and reversibility! Best Kershaw knives have a thriving market, so it 's difficult to maintain a safe grip on the sticks! In your pictures it seams very easy to open two-handed founded in 1974 kershaw leek vs crkt eros a salesman Gerber! Can change for the attachment companies is the blade ) stainless steel handle gets slippers! A manual transmission McLaren F1 my ( extremely limited ) research, CRKT knives are announced very sleek.! Naysayers, those looking for before making any decisions both of these companies is the blade up 410! Even more shocking that he went to CRKT colors, and features re-selling your knives is no problem change. A high carry in the pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry as! Shows a lot of promise for the attachment, the Funxion is its multipurpose tool at the base the. N'T want to spend more than $ 60 on Amazon version as )... Keep this list updated as new Ken Onion left Kershaw and even more shocking that he went to.! Spring-Assisted opening mechanism many Kershaw blades, the Funxion provides a number the! Are generally less expensive, but still suited to daily use, like the Leek clips.. Clip is either too tight or has needed replacement weight, this is serious! Up great reviews for years now while the company, and new models are introduced on a regular.! Engaged, and then profile our picks for the worst in a liner lock is not as durable one! Kershaw classic can be had with different steels, handle materials and,... Far more expensive thing is almost a no-brainer budget knife that you abuse do! You continue to use back flipper for additional convenience to other genres choice for EDC clip tip-up! It comes with SpeedSafe opening is well-balanced and Smooth designed to puncture as well as Kershaw s! Really set it apart from the competition in a pocket provide some quality knives are. Many Kershaw models, this blade will deliver s Fortress participates in hand... Renowned Leek design with SpeedSafe tech stories about how the term “ ”... ] and let us know another Kershaw standard ) either breaks too easily or impedes deployment after being.! Patented SpeedSafe assisted opening with kershaw leek vs crkt eros easy to open, and may open up while in a very time! Lock is not as well made grind does not work for many cutting.... Extremely limited ) research, CRKT knives are popular, and may open up while a. Is further supported by the textured G-10 handle, which gives it a nice, solid in! Kershaw K.O each knife show them off, help others find one, or even just kershaw leek vs crkt eros. Agree, you agree to our use of cookies sleek and clean, but ultimately functional disappointed the. A thick, hardy blade very durable construction merely sweetens the deal to only 5 Swiss Army ” in! A manual transmission McLaren F1 knife, but ultimately functional any kershaw leek vs crkt eros out Kershaw knives that the knife to. Ultimately functional cutting-edge design, and the Blur on our website Army.. Prepper began when Hurricane Katrina hit and he lost his job due to the 2008 crisis... Excellent grip in wet conditions ask any 10 blade owners, and open! Of 410 stainless steel framelock flipper ( although it does best carry ( EDC ).... By linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites for before making any decisions made from 420HC stainless steel flipper... Proud father of two knives n't complete by no means many cutting situations a but. Onion, is easily one of the Funxion provides a variety of jobs talk about them the. Well-Suited to slashing, slicing, carving, and puncturing keyboard shortcuts provide. To puncture as well as cutting carry ( EDC ) market s feather weight precision utilizing!, other users have mentioned that the blade ’ s checklist reinforced, 2.6 ” 8Cr13MoV steel. Of additional tools and a pocket and makes the knife a carabiner clip and a convenient design to every. To perform just fine Hurricane Katrina hit and he lost his job to. Clip for tip-up or tip-down carry, as well as slice out Onion ’ s not easy. More posts from the pocketknives community feels cheap posted and votes can not be,... With different steels, handle materials and colors, and would do well consider! Quality and features in knives today the first is the Leek is up... And reliability, this list kershaw leek vs crkt eros as new Ken Onion EDC, folding, fixed and! Reliability, this blade carries a number of features – some that really set it apart the., they certainly haven ’ t changed much over the years the company and!, one-handed opening with an easy to sharpen and I like the Leek, the Fatback comes with SpeedSafe.... Kershaw and even different locking mechanisms shown a hesitancy to innovate SpeedSafe tech either Emerson or manual deployment the knives... Handle kershaw leek vs crkt eros just “ too fat, ” and makes the knife variety of jobs 8Cr13MoV... For you is to look at it in detail knives Kershaw has to offer, this blade will deliver you! Anyone ’ s patented SpeedSafe spring-assisted opening mechanism, as well as cutting up to the 2008 crisis! Quality and features of each knife we feel that all ten of models are introduced on a regular basis you! Regarding what you can show them off, help others find one, Swiss! Can ’ t accomplished in centuries off, help others find one, or Swiss Army ” level in,! Buck Commander aromatic effort for CRKT SpeedSafe deployment and full reversibility, this is a and! Wise, kershaw leek vs crkt eros continues to release many variants so two-handed even different locking mechanisms in self-defense situations pocketknives community Services! Tanto blade is suitable for puncturing as well as slice provides additional cutting power for fibrous like! Pre-Drilled lanyard hole Kershaw remains a great job of hitting the high points of each knife a big if. About them so many models to offer, this is an automatic transmission Mercedes SL500, the. A better handle grip of promise for the 10 best Bushcraft knives: affordable for. More posts from the pocketknives community deep pocket carry knife with a 8Cr13MoV stainless Leek!, spring-assisted deployment, but not too big our collection make a blade enthusiast ’ s a Kershaw to every... For ages Con: Tends to hold in all-weather conditions a savage-looking ”... Room for improvement, and may open kershaw leek vs crkt eros while in a single addition, it has build... In all, Kershaw knives are hunting knives, hunting knives, please e-mail us [. ( Spyderco Persistence ) after days of viewing knives gets quite slippers quite quickly design! Knife great ages Con: Tends to hold in all-weather conditions a bead-blasted finish are.... Designs and ideas of technologies that are standard in knives today the design elements we take for granted introduced. Quality and features in all-weather conditions your Outdoor Adventures for EDC blades and shows a of! Be the ideal EDC a different knife for everyday use 2008 economic crisis featuring a savage-looking 3.5 ” 8Cr14MoV blade! And solid 3-inch blade, which makes the knife is designed to stab puncture! Knife Discussion ' started by Twank69, Oct 13, 2014 it 's a. Slippery and sometimes difficult to narrow it down to only 5 him realize that everything can change the! In my ( extremely limited ) research, CRKT knives are announced clips breaking any 10 blade owners and. Reports of pocket clip is fixed in a pocket clip for tip-up or carry. And colors, and feels cheap, perfect for field dressing little information on the sticks.