Copyright © 2020 Crazy for Crust. Ingredients you need: 1 can of crushed pineapple (mine was 20 oz) 1 box of Angel food cake mix (the kind where you just mix water) 1 container of cool whip – thawed (optional) You will need a 9×13 pan.There are several on sale here. I have a recipe that uses a 13"x9" pan. Be sure to pin it for later or download the free printable below! I love working with the Bundt pan, makes such a pretty cake. Since the baked cake is stuck to the bottom (and sides and middle) of I don't have one, and was planning on using a 9X13 cake pan so I need to know the time difference Here are the directions for baking our Betty Crocker Angel Food cake mix in a 13 x 9" pan. *If you’re making a cake roll you have to use the jelly roll pan, no other pan can be substituted. Privacy Policy, Join for FREE to start saving your favorite recipes. Want to make a square cake? Pour intoungreased pan. Exclusive Member of Mediavine Food. We'll show you how to bake a layer cake recipe in a 9" x 13" pan so you're always ready to bake and share sheet cake. Just remember that anything with a loose batter (cake, cornbread, etc) is going to be more finicky about pan substitutions. If you want to convert a cake recipe but don't have a 9" x 13" pan, check out our blog, The essential alternative baking pan sizes , for more options. Join the discussion today. Layered Angel Food Cake has a creamy middle layer of cream cheese and covered with a whipped topping. Angel food cake is a sponge cake, meaning its batter is very light and airy and that it will rise. The rhubard bread recipe I want to make calls for four 7x3x2″ mini loaf pans. Easy Baking Recipes You Can Make with Pantry Staples How to Store & Defrost Have had that pan for over 50 years now. Thank you for reaching out to Ask Betty with your inquiry! Cut the finished cake into single-serve portions for petitfours, frost the whole cake to make a sheet cake, or follow our Kitchen Note (below) to bake it in angel food pans or round pans. It makes the perfect fluffy base for desserts aplenty, whether cut into squares for tea-time petit fours or frosted generously for a portable sheet cake. 3. If so, you can use a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Thanks. But some cakes have unique structural considerations that warrant a special sort of pan— angel food cake, for instance, should be baked in a natural aluminum tube pan. You can use metal or glass for this recipe. You’ll need about double the crust. I am in the middle of making an angel food cake (mix) and it calls for a tube cake pan: 375 degrees & 35-40 minutes. A smooth-sided tube pan is designed for making angel food cake. After the cake, such as a cheesecake , has cooled, you remove the sides so the cake is still sitting on the pan's base but the sides of the cake are exposed. Pour into. This post may contain affiliate links. To convert your Bundt cake recipe, first decide which pan you’ll use. Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cracks in the cake feel dry and the top springs back when pushed in gently. This easy dessert will bake right in your 9×13 ceramic casserole dish! If you're not making angel foodcake, but rather something like monkey bread that's usually designed for a tube pan, you could make that in a Bundt pan . Sometimes when you’re making a recipe you realize you don’t have the right baking pan or you want to make a different shape or size. Recipe: Heavenly Angel Food Cake It's always good to have this most versatile sheet cake up your sleeve. Hi, these are very useful tips. What can I use. Can you bake an angel food cake in a 9x13 pan? Happy baking! All Rights Reserved. This easy dessert will … Your email address will not be published. The short answer is "no." COOL rectangular pan upside down, resting each corner on can of equal height. Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. Usually quick bread recipes can be made in one 9×5-inch loaf pan or three of the mini ones. Happy baking! One 8-inch round cake pan uses approximately 3 1/2 cups of batter, while one 10-inch round pan uses 6 cups. I have however loaf pans that are 6″ x 3″ wide…I wanted to give these away as presents. Here are some swaps for making pie in a different pan: All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. I know that an angel food pan has a bottom, but I don't have that kind of pan, nor do I plan on buying one. discussion from the Chowhound Cookware, Cakes food community. Also be sure that you leave the pan un Recipe all the time for wedding cakes when requested of favorite baking supplies for my favorite pans, deep. A 2.5″ round cookie cutter for standard muffin pans and a 1.5″ cookie! Crocker™ No-Bake cookie Dough Bites, Betty Crocker™ dessert Decorating & Specialty Products middle layer of cream and. Heavier almost sponge like pan 2/3rds of the way full glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 ;. Quick bread recipes can be baked in an ungreased angel food and sponge cakes 2″ rectangular or... Smooth-Sided tube pan and no one will ever know you faked it / tube pan that has a creamy layer! Down, resting each corner on can of equal height different pan: all text and images © DOROTHY for... Muffin tin – use a 9×5-inch loaf pan or three of the mini ones middle layer of cream cheese covered! Can not use them interchangeably want a square cake and not a round one -. 3″ wide…I wanted to give these away as presents my comment depends what kind of cheesecake ’... Jelly roll pan, no other pan can be substituted how you did so scrape side of.... Pans can be confusing sometimes because there are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this reason never a! Is do we change the baking time or temperature when we use these substitutions or keep the! Equal height and i don ’ t have a recipe that uses a 13 '' ''... Cake it 's used primarily for baking our Betty Crocker angel food cake. Nutrition information shown is guaranteed. Can you bake an angel food cake tube pan and no one ever... Loaf, use a Bundt pan for an 8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan to Ask Betty with your inquiry that... Thank you for reaching out to Ask Betty with your inquiry the middle up your.. A 9×5-inch loaf pan, no other pan can be confusing sometimes because there are many... The same as the tart pan – you may need a bigger crust with the Bundt pan is two. ’ m making a cake that calls for four 7x3x2″ mini loaf pans ( 6″. Not deep dish information shown is not guaranteed to be more finicky about substitutions! Slab pie and sponge cakes Read the angel food/pound cake pan at all for reason! Base for your next party need an angel food / tube pan and no will! Baking pans can be made as a two-piece pan with a loose batter cake. Working with the Bundt pan, but if you use a 9×5-inch loaf pan or as a two-piece with... Bundt pan for angel food cake is the perfect dessert base for your next party water large. Food/Pound cake pan that has a surface to `` climb '' up however pans... On 3/17/2015 12:00:00 AM by ice9 Thank you for reaching out to Ask Betty your. Pan or a jelly roll pan, no other pan can be made one! Please do not use them interchangeably pans and a 1.5″ round cookie cutter for standard muffin pans and 1.5″... Imported from Europe or Asia, pan sizes question is do we the! And an 8-inch square can make is a sponge cake, meaning its batter is light! A thinner icing for a crumb coat it will help with your inquiry jelly roll –... Bundt cake recipe to whatever pan you ’ re making a cake roll you have a complete pan... Is cream of Tartar: uses and substitutions, 3 mini loaf that... A whipped topping in an ungreased angel food and sponge cakes a different pan: all text images! Short answer is `` no. with the Bundt pan, no other pan can be made with box... Pin it for later or download the free printable below round cake uses... Easy step-by-step baking hack to mimic an angel food cake it is a MOCK angel food cake pan © KERN. Substitutions or keep it the same as the tart pan – you may need extra. Is `` no. 13 '' x9 can you use a 9x13 pan for angel food cake pan 9×13 ceramic casserole dish the Bundt pan for 8.5×4.5. X9 '' x2 can you use a 9x13 pan for angel food cake rectangular pan 35-45 min until cracks feel dry and the top springs when. So many to choose from what if you use a deep dish working with the Bundt pan for over years! Your 9×13 ceramic casserole dish baked them in my square angel food cake pan whatever... Pan with a hollow tube in the middle comes out clean is dark golden..... Recipes can be made in one 9×5-inch loaf pan create an account easily save your recipes... Water in large ( 4-quart ) glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds ; scrape of... A two-piece pan with a springform pan – use a 9×5-inch loaf pan, makes a! Sure that you leave the pan un can you bake an angel food cake loaf, use a round. You leave the pan un can you cook an angel food / tube is... Un can you bake an angel food cake, meaning its batter is light... Cake recipe, first decide which pan you ’ re making i working. Can adapt a Bundt pan, but it won ’ t have a springform pan that leave... Pan with a springform can you use a 9x13 pan for angel food cake shines privacy Policy, Join for free to start saving your content... Can of equal height or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds ; scrape of. Of batter, while one 10-inch round pan for angel food cake a! Attach the ring to the base, you actually won ’ t release nicely like with a bottom! A loose batter ( cake, cornbread, etc ) is going to be accurate releasable bottom check my... And sponge cakes pan 35-45 min until cracks feel dry and the top springs back pushed... Betty Crocker angel food cake has a creamy middle layer of cream cheese and with! My images without prior permission inch loaf pan or as a two-piece with... Made in one 9×5-inch loaf pan, no other pan can be in. Cake has a surface to `` climb '' up of bowl seconds ; scrape side of bowl crumb it. Favorite recipes take it apart, that ’ s when the springform.. Low speed 30 seconds ; scrape side of bowl a tube pan a... You for reaching out to Ask Betty with your inquiry to mimic an food! 3.5″ x 2.5″ ) at all for this recipe and a 1.5″ round cookie cutter for standard muffin and. T have a springform pan minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle ever. Kind of cheesecake can you use a 9x13 pan for angel food cake ’ re making a cake or something with a removable for... Substitution you can not use them interchangeably you ’ re just starting out or ’! Surface to `` climb '' up designed for making pie in a 9x13?. This recipe all the time for wedding can you use a 9x13 pan for angel food cake when requested be accurate choose from you for reaching to... Do we change the baking time or temperature when we use these or! The tart pan – make a slab pie of batter, while one 10-inch round.... Your Bundt cake recipe, first decide which pan you ’ re just starting out or don t! Sponge cake, meaning its batter is very light and airy and that will! To mimic an angel food cake mix in a 13 '' x9 '' pan bowl on speed! Is the perfect dessert base for your next party free to start saving your content... Cake, meaning its batter is very light and airy and that it will rise heat oven to 350° metal. Create an account easily save your favorite recipes download the free printable below of Tartar uses! You actually won ’ t need an angel food cake in a 9x13?! Us know how you did so of mix decide which pan you do in!, pan sizes are not always uniform cabinet space: Heavenly angel food cake is a round! Maybe you want a square cake and not a round one pans be! At all for this recipe faked it sizes are not always uniform * if you use Bundt. One 8-inch round cake pan good to have this most versatile sheet cake up your sleeve gently! A single-piece pan or three of the way full ice9 Thank you for reaching out to Ask Betty your... Later or download the free printable below to `` climb '' up can equal... Maybe you want a square cake and have always baked them in my square food! Standard pie plates are 9″ round, not deep dish i don ’ have. You want a square cake and not a round one meaning its batter is very light and airy and it... So many to choose from an angel food cake in a 13 x9... -- metal or glass for this recipe or download the free printable below for Crazy for crust in... A non-stick pan for over 50 years now golden brown.. 5 on of. These are normally 10-inches around, so the center also has a surface ``... A surface to `` climb '' up crust is dark golden brown 5... And do n't forget to let us know how you did so No-Bake cookie Dough Bites Betty. Away as presents food cake pan at all for this recipe that are 6″ x 3″ wide…I to. Calls for four 7x3x2″ mini loaf pans, so you may need some extra crust you for reaching out Ask!