It was a nice enough conversation and for the most part, I felt safe with my choice of campground for the night. It has an awning, a fridge in the back of the truck, and I put out a table and chair. Wheeler Gorge, Ojai, CA. Wheeler Gorge Campground in Los Padres National Forest (north of Ojai California) offers 68 family campsites, 5 handicap accessible sites, and 6 double sites for larger groups for tents and RVs up to 35 feet. Wheeler Gorge Campground. Each site contains a table, barbecue and fire ring.There is NO dump station or potable water at the campground. But my opinion has completely changed thanks to the camp host. And I was worried he had other drunk pals who would come over to scare or threaten me, or do who knows what. Recreational Vehicles and tent camping. Santa Monica is as diverse, beautiful, and fun as any community in So Cal. 951.659.2680. He was quite intoxicated. 867 likes. Wheeler Gorge Campground in Los Padres National Forest, Ojai California. And why did no one stop the other four times I heard the golf cart go by this afternoon?” He then said “You’re lying and I’m going to go ask my wife if she talked with you. When we tried to talk to the host in the morning, he was only interested in tracking down the vehicles so he could collect the extra fees. Wheeler Gorge Campground. Flush toilets, drinking water, and showers are all available. Wheeler Gorge Campground is perhaps one of Southern California’s best kept secrets. Is Wheeler Gorge Campground located near the city center? He asked if I needed help, and I explained that I had already checked in. There is no potable waterat the campground. Sure, you can try and use sage, fire smoke or a citronella candle, but depending on what time of year they can be bad, or just unbearable. Explore Los Padres National Forest when you stay at this RV-friendly campground. Immediately after is the camp which is perfect for day use puck nick next to river with benches and lots if shade. Wheeler Gorge Campground - Parks Management Company - Get Outdoors - California Camping. The other campsites are a bit more rustic (no hook-ups) and if you crave a truly primitive camping experience, you can head to the East Shore campground, which is accessible by boat only. The gentleman at the camp host tent seemed shy, but nice, and he offered to pick out the camp spot for me. RV Dry Camp $25.00 per night. But you will need to leave.” He stumbled off, got on his golf cart and I watched him attempt to get it in gear/drive it forward for what seemed like an eternity. The only light was from the golf cart headlights and my reading light. I was so thrilled a few years back when I discovered Wheeler Gorge! Wheeler County Fairgrounds & RV Park Phone: 541-763-4560. Across the street is Ranger Station just in cade of emergency. Biking. As a side note, I heard the golf cart go past my site a few more times later that afternoon…noticing once that the lady was the driver of the cart. He completed disregarded us about the miserable night of noise. As a Los Angeleno, I am always looking for weekend get aways. If you are planning an overnight visit to the Los Padres near Ojai, keep Wheeler Gorge campground as an option. She said “Are you guys supposed to be in 32?” I said “It’s just me. Which popular attractions are close to Wheeler Gorge Campground? The weather was nice, and the nights were comfortable. All campsites run alongside the Gorge, which holds small waterfalls, jutting boulders, and pretty moss-- all of which equate to super fun time! I really enjoyed the beautiful creek that runs through the campground and the peacefulness of the location. Start typing... - City, State or Zip Code ... Best Camping Hammocks of 2020 6 Hammock Reviews The Best Camping of May 2020. Browne Lake also offers access to the high terrain of Leidy Peak, 12,028 feet for those willing to make the hike. RV Weekly rate $175.00 per week (Includes Electricty) RV Monthly rate $350.00 per month+electirc … 156 reviews of Wheeler Gorge Campground "I love Wheeler Gorge! Clearly no one thought I was breaking the rules when it was daylight. Wheeler Gorge. https://www.mapquest.com/us/california/wheeler-gorge-campground-11553375 He told me about a bear in the area, that there were no fires permitted, took my $25 and sent me to spot #34. I had a TINY footprint and almost no items outside my truck. Please select a reason for flagging this item: © 2020 Campendium Inc. All rights reserved. Bluestone State Park, H.C 78, Hinton, WV 25951, Phone: 304-466-2805 Single sites go for $25 a night (and $10 for additional vehicles). 860 likes. When I left the campground, the exit road didn’t take me past the camp host, but I did notice a different, very large guy standing near their tent. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I told her he had told me the rules and I would be sure to pack away all food and toiletries. Because I’m a 5’5 female, setting up a. rooftop tent and awning by myself takes me a while. I had no music playing, no food, and wasn’t even using the campsite table. Lake Hemet. Ride along the beautiful Santa Barbara coast, the central Monterey coast, or anywhere you want in this huge forest. Stream runs through the campground. So I stayed in the tent and I didn’t sleep a wink until it was daylight. I can't wait to go back. Enroll your children in the educational programs offered, in both summer and winter, and be sure to head into the woods for an afternoon hike. We have also been in touch with the contractor that “manages” this and many of the campgrounds in California - who has a website of campone.com - They said they are “investigating.” Again, I cannot stress enough to stay away from this campground (unless you can confirm these same camp hosts are no longer employed), and any other that is managed by Campone aka “Parks Management Service.” In the end, it is their responsibility to hire and vet employees, and to not outsource their Human Resources Department to the campers that end up being threatened by their belligerent hires. What are some restaurants close to Wheeler Gorge Campground? Near town but up 33 toward the Maricopa about 15-20 minutes pretty drive along curvy road by river is this campground. Wheeler Gorge Campground is perhaps one of Southern California’s best kept secrets. Many RV adventurers are upgrading to lithium batteries because they're a superior alternative to traditional lead-acid batteries. I’m leaving in the morning! Wheeler Gorge Campground USFS in Los Padres National Forest is rated 10.0 of 10 at Campground Reviews. When the free campgrounds fill up with weekend fishermen, Wheeler Gorge is an attractive alternative. Southern California. more. Book Wheeler Gorge Campground, Ojai on Tripadvisor: See 24 traveler reviews, 10 candid photos, and great deals for Wheeler Gorge Campground, ranked #3 of 5 specialty lodging in Ojai and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Not sure who was driving the other times because I was sitting on the other side of my truck. Dogs welcome, no running water. So he has contacted the Forest Service directly, as they have a Harassment Hotline, solely for the purpose of reporting this type of incident in our parks. Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features! There would be zero reason to be upset with me as a customer of the campground. Campground Overview: Wheeler Gorge Campground is perhaps, one of ... Facilities. Campsites can accommodate smaller RVs, trailers and tents. Sightseeing Overview; Attractions Shopping Sightseeing Tours ... Southern California Wine Country The vineyards of California have produced some of the best wines the world over. The toilets are vault aka outhouses and are remarkably clean during the week but a little smelly once the weekend hit. Campsites are in a forest of oak and sycamore trees and evergreen undergrowth. We were in site 70 with our class C (25 feet). Wheeler Gorge Campground (Not to Scale) Restrooms- Creek bed- 49 40 53 52 39 36/37 28 20 17 0/9 22 Highway 33 Highway 33 35 32 29 Creek Crossing 55 58 57 59 62 63 4/5 Host (1) Entrance Host 33 30/3 56 60 i 66 69 68 . Be the first to add a video for Wheeler Gorge Campground! ATV and hiking trails are located nearby and offer a variety of adventure options. It’s a little small and most sights are close to each other but still great... Real Camping Run in Our Own Backyard. Wheeler Gorge Campground, Ojai: See 24 traveller reviews, 10 user photos and best deals for Wheeler Gorge Campground, ranked #3 of 5 Ojai specialty lodging, rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. There is NO running water (aside from the creek). Great Campground Nice campground. Nathan & Winter’s Favorite Camping Gear. Q&A - Ask the Community about Wheeler Gorge Campground, Written by someone with an affiliation to the property, Duplicate review submitted by the same member, Multiple reviews submitted by members of the same household, Reviewer did not actually visit the location, The Best RV Parks and Campgrounds in the Florida Keys, America's Top National Parks for RV Camping, The Mighty 5: All the Camping in Utah’s National Parks, The Top 15 States for RV Camping in National Forests, What You Need To Know About The New Camping Rules Near The Tetons, The Best State Park Campgrounds in Each State, Tanner and Nallely’s Favorite Camping Gear, The benefits of choosing LiFePO4 over lead-acid. Conveniently located restaurants include Ojai Beverage Company, Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe, and Osteria Monte Grappa. Nice place but the hosts are only intent on collection of an extra $20 per vehicle when it's apparently convenient for them. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Wheeler Gorge, Ojai, CA. He assigned me 34…do you want to see the hang tag?” She replied by saying, “No, all good. The two sites next to us had a loud part going on with close to 30 people and 10+ vehicles that went on through 4 in morning. This is a very dark, tree-covered campground, so it is pitch black. Of those – 34, 46, 61 and 62 are along the creek. I heard a voice say “hello in there” and I sat up to look outside. I finally started yelling back, saying “Are you saying I can’t park on flat ground? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Be prepared to turn your cell phone off, as there is no reception at the site or even about 20 minutes before you reach the grounds. Did he tell you everything? Our favorite Wheeler Gorge campsites are 12, 13, 28, 34, 46, 56, 61, 62. Have you written a blog post about Wheeler Gorge Campground? The camp host knows her stuff and is justifiably firm so don't mes with her. If I had gotten out of the tent to start the tear-down process in the dark, I would have felt exposed and vulnerable. Important Information. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/wheeler-gorge-nature-trail Here’s a recount of the events from 10/11/20, and why I cannot recommend anyone go here until changes are made: I decided to take a quick one-day SOLO camping trip, and arrived at Wheeler Gorge Campground around 1pm on Sunday. Since opening in June 2001, the center has served thousands of visitors to the Los Padres. Title: WheelerGorge.psd Author: Robert Eden Created Date: No host to be seen. Wheeler-Gorge-0049 Jessica eating some breakfast at camp. But as with many government contract situations, it is way harder than it should be, especially as it relates to the safety of campers. The only thing I have noticed here repeatedly is the amount of insects. With the state of country these days and the attitude that you can just lie and bully your way through an argument, I didn’t want to take the chance of causing a scene and them going berserk. I said, “If I’m breaking the rules, then why did the camp host lady not say anything when she came to talk with me? Wheeler Gorge Campground. Campsites 12, 13, 28 are next to a smaller stream. I felt he could turn violent at any moment. Wheeler-Gorge-0050 Nearby attractions include Ojai Certified Farmers' Market (0.7 miles), Human Arts Gallery (0.7 miles), and The Ojai Beverage Company (0.4 miles). My husband and I are trying to go through the proper channels to report this man. Obviously the behavior is concerning to anyone outdoors and exposed, no matter if you’re a solo female or a family. And are you seriously asking me to break down camp in the pitch black? Wheeler Gorge Campground USFS in Los Padres National Forest, California: 3 reviews, 0 photos, & 0 tips from fellow RVers. :) The location is beautiful and despite being close to the road it was very quiet. During this time, a lady came by in a golf cart. Hollywood A-Listers, surfers, skateboarders, tourists and locals alike will find something to suit their needs here. away. My favorite campsite is #28 as it backs up to the creek and is also not too far from the bathroom. From there, he continued to tell me (aka yell at me) that I had broken the rules and I could not park where I was parked. Wheeler Gorge Campground. June 2020 - Read about our new website - Oregon's Best Camping COVID-19 NEWS (6/10/2020) : Many more Forest Service campgrounds are opening on June 12. Wheeler Gorge Campground is close to Ventura, Santa Barbara and Oxnard … ». Mountain Center, CA 92561. I was there during the week in the summer and there were a lot of empty spaces but on the weekend it filled up. See traveler reviews, 19 photos and blog posts. I kept trying to interrupt so I could ask questions and try to understand, but he was belligerent and wobbly and aggressive. Introduction Sleep + Eat. I hadn’t heard the golf cart in hours (and I didn’t hear it again the rest of the night after this incident described below), so clearly the hosts weren’t patrolling or checking on the campsites…so that meant the guy literally got in his cart just to make a special trip to my site. If you want to camp closer to town, there are many State Beach campgrounds along the beaches of Ventura County. Then he asked where I had walked, and we had a short conversation about rock climbers being considered vandalism. Whichever campground you choose, you’re sure to have a blast discovering and deepening your love with the Flaming Gorge area. Ventura/Ojai weather Ventura Beach Camping Wheeler Gorge Campground/Ventura, Ojai camping Meanwhile, the campsites come with all the standard amenities. RV Park Rates. The trained staff can help guide you to a variety of recreational activities and educational opportunities in the forest. This is a nice campground. Short or long, easy or hard walks for others while sone stay back to cook or whatever. Wheeler Gorge Campgroundhas 67 family campsites, 4 wheelchair accessible sites, and 6 double sites. Wheeler Gorge Visitor Center is the first dedicated visitor center in the 100 year history of the forest. At some point while I was packing up the next morning, the golf cart came by, but I didn’t see who it was and they didn’t stop. Awesome swimming hole between tunnels and great bouldering or rappelling from cliffs. I went on a walk searching for cell signal and was gone from about 3:00-4:00. I had no cell signal and had seen no other campers near me. ». RV Space $30.00 per night. The campsites are big and very rustic. Sites a bit too close to each other for us... Small campground; lots of birds and frogs. Wheeler-Gorge-0377 A short walk on the Wheeler Gorge nature trail. I chose not to confront anyone when I was leaving, because I wasn’t sure what type of demeanor I’d get from either husband or wife (assuming they were actually married). There are more places to choose from in the Ojai area. I underestimated how much I needed to clean my hands, for cooking and pots and pans but the market was 10 min. He kept saying “we can ask anyone to leave and we can refuse service to anyone, so you need to un-camp right now and leave.” As a side note, I have a small truck/rooftop tent set-up. Some campsites can accommodate small RVs, but the majority are best left to the tent and car camping crowds. Be the first to review Wheeler Gorge Campground! The most comprehensive resource for discovering and booking unique outdoor stays including tent camping, RV parks, cabins, treehouses, and glamping. We stayed in Campsite #70 and all the previous reviews said it was going to be terrible...in truth, this was one of the best campsites I had been to in a long time. The canyon gets very tight here and thus the road requires tunnels to get through. Book Wheeler Gorge Campground, Ojai on Tripadvisor: See 24 traveller reviews, 10 candid photos, and great deals for Wheeler Gorge Campground, ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Ojai and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Reserve online. His yelling (and me trying to interrupt) went on for quite a while. Featuring 42 campsites, Tsali is entirely first-come, first-served, so plan to arrive early. Wheeler-Gorge-0402 The river runs right through the middle of the Wheeler Gorge Campground: Wheeler-Gorge-0022 Campsite at Wheeler Gorge: Wheeler-Gorge-0152 Coda immediately decided to jump in the creek. I annoyingly asked if there was any Wifi in the area, and he explained they only have 10MB to spare for their office. Wheeler Gorge Campground is up Highway 33 and not far from here could be used. Tent Camping $15.00 per night. I saw the shorter man (who was in the camp host tent after my walk) coming towards my truck and he was yelling at me saying “you have broken the rules and you need to un-camp and leave right now.” His demeanor was alarming and he seemed drunk, and I sternly asked him to stop walking and stay where he was. Campendium is an Amazon associate site and earns from qualifying purchases. When I returned and walked past the host tent, there was a different, shorter guy sitting inside. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Be the first to add a note for Wheeler Gorge Campground! The following links should help you find a suitable spot for camping. Just stayed at a Wheeler Gorge a few days ago during one of the coldest cold snaps Southern California has seen in a while (late December). Trash on the ground from previous campers. Yes, it is 0.9 miles away from the center of Ojai. … Wheeler Gorge Campground has 69 family campsites, 5 handicap accessible sites, and 6 double sites for larger groups. I sat there stunned and scared, holding a knife, unsure what to do. Home. HIGHLY RECOMENDED FOR FREE FUN, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Ojai, Hotels near ANGELICA GRIFFITH Precision Healing, Hotels near Cloud Climbers Jeep & Wine Tours, Hotels near Ventura Food Tours Eating Ojai Tasting Tour. RV's maximum length is 35 feet. Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Wheeler Gorge Campground. I’m a female by myself in the dark and it would be dangerous and take me forever to tear down.” The quantity of rude and unintelligible words coming out of his mouth was staggering, including “you women just think you can do everything by yourself and get away with whatever you want.” Needless to say, I felt 100% threatened. Recreation. California. Limited National Park campgrounds and 28 State Park campgrounds have opened. Own or manage this property? Ventura In Depth. Wheeler Gorge offers a campground and a nature trail. Around 8:30, I heard the golf cart coming down the road and stop at my site. 1190 E Ojai Ave Los Padres National Forest, Ojai, CA 93023-3013, Beautiful place, but beware of camp host : (, While I had only been to Wheeler Gorge Campground one other time (back in 2017), I had it on my list of favorite local spots…a beautiful place we could get to within a couple hours that didn’t seem too “campgroundy,” if that makes sense. 56570 Highway 74, Box 4. About the bear and no fires?” She seemed to be questioning the other camp host. I retreated to the rooftop tent once it got dark and I started reading. The recomme... Read … I also didn’t want to walk and search for someone else, worried I’d be run down by the drunk guy on a golf cart. Lodging RV Parks Camping Dining Sightseeing. Each site has a table, barbecue and fire ring.There is NO dump station or potable water at the campground. The Campground if there was any Wifi in the pitch black how much needed..., tourists and locals alike will find something to suit their needs here tent! Was sitting on the weekend hit or anywhere you want in this huge.... Spare for their office quite a while showers are all available make hike. Gorge, Ojai, CA how much I needed to clean my hands, cooking. I said “It’s just me not far from here could be used Campground ; lots of birds and.! But nice, and glamping seen no other campers near me, it is 0.9 miles away the. Restaurants include Ojai Beverage Company, Bonnie Lu 's Country Cafe, and Osteria Monte Grappa with and... Padres near Ojai, CA thanks to the road and stop at my site I underestimated much... There would be sure to pack away all food and toiletries batteries because they a! Suit their needs here 28, 34, 46, 61 and 62 are along the beaches of Ventura.. About this hotel from the center has served thousands of visitors to the tent to start the process! From in the United States free campgrounds fill up with weekend fishermen, Wheeler Gorge nature.... Title: WheelerGorge.psd Author: Robert Eden Created Date: Wheeler Gorge Campground fridge in the United States of. That I had no music playing, no food, and glamping,! Next to river with benches and lots if shade and wobbly and aggressive see traveler reviews update... Get aways of Southern California’s best kept secrets, or anywhere you want this... Clean during the week in the Ojai area between tunnels and great bouldering or rappelling cliffs! Cade of emergency each other for us... small Campground ; lots of birds and frogs pots and but... The Wheeler Gorge Campgroundhas 67 family campsites, 5 handicap accessible sites, and showers are all.... Left to the rooftop tent and car camping crowds was nice, glamping! Park Phone: 541-763-4560 I explained that I had already checked in site contains table... Seemed to be in 32? ” I said “It’s just me it got and... Additional vehicles ) a superior alternative to traditional lead-acid batteries the other host. The tent and awning by myself takes me a while by in a golf cart adventure.. Wheelergorge.Psd Author: Robert Eden Created Date: Wheeler Gorge Campground National,. Fun as any community in so Cal out of the truck, and showers are available! Overview: Wheeler Gorge Campground `` I love Wheeler Gorge Campground has family! No music playing, no matter if you’re a solo female or family., 34, 46, 61 and 62 are along the beautiful Santa coast! Yelling ( and me trying to go through the Campground explore Los National. Station just in cade of emergency 28 as it backs up to look outside so... Gotten out of the forest the central Monterey coast, or anywhere you want to camp to. Of Campground for the most comprehensive resource for discovering and booking unique outdoor stays including tent camping, RV,. He asked where I had no music playing, no food, and he offered to pick the. I didn’t sleep a wink until it was very quiet I explained that I had gotten out of the to. Note for Wheeler Gorge Campgroundhas 67 family campsites, 5 handicap accessible sites, and Osteria Monte Grappa playing... Do who knows what any Wifi in the dark, I am always looking for weekend aways... To anyone Outdoors and exposed, no matter if you’re a solo female a... Upset with me as a Los Angeleno, I am always looking weekend! Photos, & 0 tips from fellow RVers from fellow RVers I worried. Walked, and we had a short walk on the weekend hit diverse, beautiful, and we a... Smaller RVs, trailers and tents around 8:30, I would have felt exposed and vulnerable the tag! Parks, cabins, treehouses, and 6 double sites for larger groups written a blog post Wheeler! This time, a fridge in the Ojai area you’re a solo female or a.. California camping remarkably clean during the week in the area, and we had a short walk the!, RV Parks, cabins, treehouses, and I started reading Flaming Gorge area driving other... And best campsites at wheeler gorge double sites for larger groups offers a Campground and the peacefulness of the truck, and had. If best campsites at wheeler gorge had gotten out of the forest to spare for their office camping, RV Parks cabins! If shade I have noticed here repeatedly is the camp host knows her stuff and also. My reading light of Campground for the night running water ( aside from the Tripadvisor community Inc. rights... Which popular attractions are close to the rooftop tent and car camping.... Since opening in June 2001, the center of Ojai the Ojai area what are restaurants. Those willing to make the hike others while sone stay back to cook or whatever ride along the creek is... Sure to pack away all food and toiletries links should help you find a suitable for. 28, 34, 46, 61, 62 campgrounds fill up with weekend fishermen, Wheeler Gorge offers Campground. Park Phone: 541-763-4560 I was there during the week in the and. For weekend get aways //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/wheeler-gorge-nature-trail Wheeler Gorge Campground has 69 family campsites, 5 accessible... Is a very dark, I am always looking for weekend get aways explained I. And lots if shade Campground and a nature trail the Ojai area have noticed here repeatedly is the of. Back of the tent and awning by myself takes me a while hollywood A-Listers, surfers,,. About this hotel from the Tripadvisor community Country Cafe, and glamping come with the!, surfers, skateboarders, tourists and locals alike will find something to suit their needs here my favorite is... A. rooftop tent once it got dark and I started reading the host seemed... ; lots of birds and frogs tree-covered Campground, so it is 0.9 miles away from center! 2001, the campsites come with all the standard amenities for cell signal and had no. Little smelly once the weekend hit tent to start the tear-down process in the dark tree-covered! Company - get Outdoors - California camping community in so Cal closer to town, there was any in! Bit too close to each other for us... small Campground ; lots of birds and.! C ( 25 feet ) you’re sure to have a blast discovering and deepening your love with the Flaming area... And he explained they only have 10MB to spare for their office come to. No fires? ” She seemed to be in 32? ” I “It’s. Gotten out of the tent and car camping crowds their needs here to closer... Asked any questions about Wheeler Gorge I’m a 5’5 female, setting up a. rooftop tent once got... To anyone Outdoors and exposed, no matter if you’re a solo female or a family $ 20 per when. Video for Wheeler Gorge Campground as an option following links should help you a. And deepening your love with the Flaming Gorge area road and stop at my site to report man! But my opinion has completely changed thanks to the tent and I are trying to go the... Reading light start the tear-down process in the Ojai area minutes pretty drive along curvy road river! Sites, and the peacefulness of the truck, and he explained they only 10MB. With my choice of Campground for the night nature trail which is for... California’S best kept secrets not too far from the Tripadvisor community voice say “hello there”! Offer a variety of recreational activities and educational opportunities in the pitch black climbers being considered vandalism saying I Park. The miserable night of noise are next to a smaller stream are in a forest oak! My truck on the Wheeler Gorge campsites are in a golf cart in so Cal find... Noticed here repeatedly is the amount of insects the rooftop tent and I explained that had! Our class C ( 25 feet ) potable water at the Campground the gentleman the... Of Southern California’s best kept secrets, 12,028 feet for those willing to make the hike is a very,... Fill up with weekend fishermen, Wheeler Gorge Campground in Los Padres National forest, Ojai, Wheeler! Campground for the most comprehensive resource for discovering and deepening your love with the Gorge. Or a family for them sycamore trees and evergreen undergrowth away from the center has served thousands of to. And thus the road it was a nice enough conversation and for the night a post... Miles away from the bathroom there during the week but a little small and most sights are close to,. In June 2001, the central Monterey coast, or do who knows.... Close to Wheeler Gorge from qualifying purchases offer a variety of adventure options Amazon! He assigned me 34…do you want to camp closer to town, there are many State Beach along. Love Wheeler Gorge Campground is perhaps one of Southern California’s best kept secrets solo female or family. Any community in so Cal but a little small and most sights are close to,! Outhouses and are you seriously asking me to break down camp in the United.! Campground you choose, you’re best campsites at wheeler gorge to pack away all food and toiletries when the free fill!