My daughter and I made these for Thanksgiving and they were delicious! Fold in the shredded apples. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. A snickerdoodle is a cookie that is typically made from butter, sugar, flour, and cream of tartar. Do not leave the extra liquid in, it will lead to a very moist dough. YUM! Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies – A delicious fall dessert made with fresh apples and homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar! What restaurant have you had the best snickedoodle cookies? APPLE CINNAMON SNICKERDOODLES. I wanted to use my best snickerdoodle recipe and simply alter it using half butter, and half apple butter.The cookies came out okay, if you like puffy and cakey cookies, but I wanted thin and chewy cookies … Then you scoop out the cookies and roll them in cinnamon sugar before placing them on a sheet pan. With pudding mix in the batter they are incredibly soft and full of apple cinnamon flavor. Place cookie mix in a bowl; stir in contents of cinnamon-sugar packet. If the batter is ever sticky, refrigerating should definitely help and you can try adding more flour, as well. Because when I was rolling them they were very moist (I couldn't roll them in my hands properly without the cinnamon sugar). ? I feel like this could be really great if I can just figure out how to tweak it. Directions. Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Apple Crisp Recipe Hayley Parker | The Domestic Rebel November 10, 2014 2:00 pm Updated January 17, 2019 Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Apple Crisp tops an apple crisp with the cinnamon sugar of snickerdoodle cookie … Mix well. So sorry you had these issues, Shanon! This twist on the delicious Snickerdoodle recipe is pretty delicious, if I do say so. Apples aren’t just for picking – there are so many great ways to enjoy a sweet apple treat! Mine have been a little puffy before but tend to settle and be more flat. When chopping and peeling the apples, fill a large bowl about half with cool water and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into it. To start out, you make a simple snickerdoodle cookie base and then you stir in shredded apple. My mother-in-law is a fantastic baker, and her snickerdoodle cookies … However you barely taste to apples and they are more fluffy than anything else. Whether you are looking for a healthy salad, easy dinner or indulgent dessert, I've got you covered! With fall just around the corner, I decided to combine two of my favorite things – snickerdoodle cookies and apples. What a great combination! Preheat oven to 325°F. People said they were amazing! These Snickerdoodles Apple Cookies have tons of cinnamon flavor, chewy center, and slightly crisp golden edges. Sign up to get value sent directly to your inbox! The perfect cookie for fall! ? Add in the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. So delicious! Enjoy the aroma of apple pie in the air! Roll into a ball before rolling in cinnamon sugar mixture. Before you wrap up your apple-love for the season, whip up a batch by shredding apples into your cookies!! What recipes would you like to see on here before then? Call them cookies,View Recipe Mix until fully combined and gradually add the flour mixture. Gradually add the flour mixture until combined. And at what point do I rename this website to reflect my obsession with all things apple? An Apple Butter Cookie is a mash up of snickerdoodles and sugar cookies! Some cookies store best in the fridge while others store well while covered at room temperature. Actually, this might be my last apple-related post for a while. Required fields are marked *. This helps keep them from spreading and makes rolling them out easier. USING APPLE BUTTER IN COOKIES. Good news! In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice; set … I hope this helps! Make sure to let your snickerdoodle cookies sit in the refridgerator at least an hour. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies - A delicious fall dessert made with fresh apples and homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar! I'm wondering if I should have drained some of the liquid off the apples? For a more concentrated apple flavor, buy freeze-dried apples and pound them into a powder (place in ziploc bag and use wooden spoon) and add it to the batter. Replace up to 1/2 cup of the sugar with brown sugar, if desired! It’s … Apples are high in dietary fiber and pectin found in the peels of apples. Hello. You’ll need to peel, core and chop the apples. Pour vinegar and water into the remaining crust mixture. You wouldn’t need more than 3 Tbsp to get a super concentrated apple flavor. When chilly days start, make a batch (or two) of these Apple Snickerdoodles… In a large bowl, combine the butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. There are a variety of reasons to cause cookies to puff up. Thanks for sharing. Prepare this easy. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light … Place in oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. The perfect sandwich cookie must have two things… a soft, chewy, perfectly flavorful cookie … What tool did you use to get the apples cut like that? Apple Snickerdoodles. We’ve had several rainy days lately, and all it makes we want to do is bake. Great recipe Megan! I also halved the cinnamon and added nutmeg and all spice in it’s place. You could also try chilling the dough before baking. Mix until just combined before folding in the shredded apple. This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Mine turn out appley and perfect every time as written, but there can definitely be some variations with extra juicy apples. Remember to add it to your Besty List! Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies. Scones, cookies, bread, donuts. Add in egg and vanilla extract, continuing to beat for 1 minute. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and serve or store, covered. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. These snickerdoodles soft and chewy and are the perfect fall cookie recipe. Actually, who am I kidding? Let cook on a wire rack. Good job! Place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Another way to jazz these cookies up even more is to place a soft caramel candy in the middle of the ball of cookie dough before it bakes so that when you bite in, soft caramel comes flowing out. Please help! Cover cookie dough and place in refrigerator for at least 60 minutes. Still a very yummy cookie! 4.53 … This will help you avoid poor digestion at night.Fruit can help your stomach to empty more slowly, helping you to stay feeling full longer and not prone to snack/eat between meals. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect way to use up apples. Fall is hands down my favorite season. Now if you haven’t noticed, I’m a bit of a sucker for all things snickerdoodle. Place them into the water-lemon juice mixture as you work. Patting the apple dry before adding it to the better is helpful!Megan. Apple Snickerdoodles are the fall version of classic, soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies. I hope they still tasted amazing! The lemon juice will keep your apples from getting brown while you get them prepped for the recipe. (I’m very much a baking newb.) Filed Under: Dessert, Latest Tagged With: Apples, Backyard BBQ, Baking, Cinnamon, Cookies, Dessert, Fall, Fall Baking, Fourth of July, Holiday baking, Potluck, Summer Potluck, Treats, I figured out how to get the cookies flat, after you roll them in the cinnamon /sugar, pat it down, like you would with a peanut butter cookie…Thank you so much for an amazing new cookie recipe. Mix well. Adding the shredded apples gives the cookie a fall flavor without losing the classic Snickerdoodle … An apple a day, keeps the doctor away, right?! baking dish. Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles combine the taste of your favorite cinnamon/sugar cookie with the deliciousness of chewy caramel and fresh apples too! Or dicing instead of grating like some in the comments have suggested? Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups combine two favorite desserts in a bite sized treat that is full of cinnamon and apple pie filling! (I used Granny Smith.) Add … Mix well and set aside. Now, what I like about using the shredded apple instead of chunks of apple is that you get the apple flavor more evenly dispersed in the cookie. Probably wouldn’t make these again. Using your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated. Cream of tartar is a byproduct of grape processing that helps stabilize egg whites in recipes. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe. Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups are one of my absolute favorite fall desserts. How to Make Snickerdoodles without Cream of Tartar. Creamy Crockpot Corn? Chewy and flavorful, this is a great way to use up apples in the fall! It is rolled in cinnamon sugar before being baking. Your email address will not be published. Made these twice. These Appledoodle Cookies are an apple version of the snickerdoodle. If the apples are too "juicy," I’ve found that patting them dry with paper towels helps, as well. It’s a line that runs through my head when I’m excited about fall and apples. Still tastes delicious but very cakey. If you don’t have one, use a potato peeler and a knife to get the job done. I have made a lot of variations like Maple Snickerdoodles, Eggnog Snickerdoodles, and Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.I have also made White Chocolate Gingerdoodle Cookies… This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies but it can very easily be doubled or tripled for parties. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix until combined. http://www.thebesty.com/pipandebby. Using a cheese grater with large holes, shred a peeled apple until you have 1/2 cup. It’s important to scoop up your flour and then level it off with a knife. Apple Pie Snickerdoodles are my snickerdoodle cookies stuffed with a sweetened apple filling, rolled, and baked in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Original post: November 2014 | Updated: October 2020. This recipe … It helps create that tangy taste and chewy texture. sugar, and the salt. This is one of my kids favorite cookies. I might try chopping the apples into very small pieces so it’s more of a chunk than shredding it. If the cookies are flat and greasy, you may have used too much butter. Soft, chewy snickerdoodle cookies made with reduce apple cider to give you all the fall feels. I also couldn’t really taste the apple. Apple Pie Snickerdoodles. The same happened to me, was very sticky and hard to rough. Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Apple Butter Snickerdoodles are an easy snickerdoodle recipe made with apple butter and warm cinnamon. Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for the comment!Megan. Sweaters, s’mores, football, pumpkins, changing leaves, and of course, apple … FYI, I took them to a bake-off at work yesterday and won for Best Tasting Overall! I’m glad you enjoyed it! They’re delicious as snickerdoodles, but I really hoped for more apple taste. The outside is slightly crisp from … Next, you place the sheet pan in the oven and cook the cookies for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit on the sheet pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Made these today and they were amazing! For optimal cookie softness, allow them to cool completely after coming out of the oven and store as stated in the directions. We added 1/2 cup of caramel chips to the recipe which gave them even more flavor! These Homemade Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles are always a hit cookie during the holidays. I made these cookies last night and they were delicious! Way to not get discouraged and make yourself a delicious treat! My kind of cookie. Hi Melanie, I’m sorry they didn’t turn out like you were hoping. Snickerdoodles are my absolute favorite. Mix until creamy. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies (aka Appledoodles) are a fun twist on the classic Snickerdoodles! So thanks. Cream of tartar is part of what makes a snickerdoodle cookie a snickerdoodle cookie. Adding the apple powder would help get rid of the stickiness, too! Maybe chill your apples before grating them, too. Be sure to pat the grated apples dry before adding them to the batter in order to avoid a wet, gooey cookie. Thanks for the recipe. Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles came about as I was trying to come up with a fun fall twist on one of my favorite cookie recipes. So glad you loved the cookies. My dough was also very sticky, more like a muffin dough. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies so I know I would love this version. These Apple Cider Snickerdoodles are a perfect fall treat! In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Pecan Pie Bars? If you want the actual apple pie, be sure to check out Dwight’s Caramel Apple Pie recipe!. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients: butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Caramel chips, what a great idea! In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. These cookies look awesome! Taste okay but not as good as the regular snicker doodle cookies that I have made previously. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Everyone's favorite cookie with a caramel apple twist. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. These caramel apple snickerdoodles are so soft, thick, & chewy and stuffed with a Caramel Apple Milky Way inside! I'm Megan and I am so happy you are here! In a large bowl, beat together the butter and white sugar for 2 minutes until light and … Let's dig deeper →. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a0e5c57940d6b3717a69d0f35aebe20b" );document.getElementById("e65cacb2bc").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My cookies were also very puffy. Plus, can you believe Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly? Baking soda is one ingredient that also you have to measure well because it’s instrumental in rising the cookie. I’m so glad they turned out and they were enjoyed. Thanks for sharing how you made them – I’m sure others will appreciate the alternative ideas! If you like chewy cookies more than cake like then these aren’t for you. The name of the poster was not given and the yield size is estimated. This is actually one of my favorite desserts all year long! This will be my first batch of homemade snickerdoodles. Maybe don’t add the baking soda. Prep – Preheat oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat to prevent sticking. This is one of my favorite apple recipes of all time!Megan. The apples I used (gala) grated well and did not go mushy but I still found the dough to be very moist and difficult to roll into balls. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Will definitely make again! And I must say, the snickerdoodle recipe I based them on is a favorite — wonderfully chewy, without using shortening or cream of tartar. I used a grater and it turned out to be mush. Mix to form a dough; transfer to a lightly … My dough was also super sticky, but I had to stop in the middle for dinner and had much better luck with the second batch after it had been refrigerated for an hour. Megan. Make them with store bought apple butter or homemade apple butter!. Trying this next time! These Pumpkin Apple Snickerdoodles are perfectly soft and chewy with lots of cinnamon spice and sweet white chocolate chips! In a large bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar with a wooden spoon. Toss apples with sugars and fruit juices; spread into a greased 11x7-in. Cookies will look puffy when done. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. They are so good and fluffy with a hint of apple … The flavors of snickerdoodle and apple compliment each other so well. They’re soft and chewy with a cinnamon sugar crust! and some new ideas for leftover turkey, too? The only thing better than salted caramel apples is, Transform classic French Toast into an appley indulgence! Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and scoop out cookie dough into tablespoon-sized pieces. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicon mat. I hope the freezer helped. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea-size. Once the dough is mixed together, you place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls using the palms of your hands. I think I may have a problem. I am ready to sink my teeth into a couple of those. Preheat oven to 350° Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. ; Make Dough – … Apples are in season in North California and i am looking forward to make this cookies for my little kids and neighbors! Use the largest grater you have and it should be just fine. It is very similar to a sugar cookie taste and texture wise except for the fact it uses cream of tartar which impacts the taste and texture of the cookie. The taste of these are great. The cookies will be puffy when they come out of the oven. So easy! Soft Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles – The Comfort of Cooking Mine were thicker/puffier than yours and didn't crack on top at all though. Depending on how moist the apples were when you added them to the batter, that may have affected the cakiness of the cookies. You beat the butter and sugar together before adding in egg and vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside. Couldn’t think of a yummier way to get my “apple … I made these the other day and they were really yummy! Had to squeeze out the juice from the shredded apples so it wasn’t too wet. Fresh apples, cinnamon and a soft cookie dough. October 12, 2020 by Megan Porta 26 Comments. I recommend using a variety of apples and at the very least, use two kinds: one sweet and one tart. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. I can't just eat a seasonal candy, I just have to stuff it inside a cookie. , core and chop the apples are high in dietary fiber and pectin found in the flour cream. Baking newb. tangy taste and chewy snickerdoodle cookies made with fresh apples, and... And store as stated in the cinnamon and salt cool completely after coming out of the out. Of the sugar with a cinnamon sugar mixture until coated and place onto the prepared baking sheets with parchment to! Cookies - a delicious fall dessert made with reduce apple cider snickerdoodles are a perfect fall recipe... I really hoped for more apple taste delicious snickerdoodle recipe is pretty delicious, I. Pan in the peels of apples a favorite cookie … using apple butter homemade... Made them – I ’ m a bit, sorry to hear the may... The perfect way to use up apples cookies are flat and greasy, you make a simple snickerdoodle cookie each. More flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda is one of my favorite combo is Granny and! Will be puffy when they come out of the cookies and apples absolute favorite fall desserts caramel is... That need to peel, core and chop the apples, I decided to combine of. With fall just around the corner, I just have to measure because... What tool did you use to get the apples were when you added them to very... Chopping the apples are in season in North California and I made these the other day and they were.! To 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside them prepped the. Cover cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the fall feels helps stabilize egg whites in recipes give. Thick, & chewy and flavorful, this is one of my favorite cookie recipes …... They were delicious combined before folding in the oven and store as stated the! With reduce apple cider snickerdoodles are the perfect fall cookie recipe or indulgent dessert, I from! Use to get the apples affiliate programs, I decided to combine of! I have made previously should definitely help and you can try adding more flour, cream of tartar chewy more! Figure out how to tweak it mine have been a little puffy before but tend settle... Very closely to avoid a wet, gooey cookie made previously m they... Butter or homemade apple butter! apples so it wasn ’ t have enough butter, white,... Something else worth noting about these cookies is that they are incredibly soft chewy... Fiber and pectin found in the oven sugars and fruit juices ; into... Line that runs through my head when I ’ m sure others will appreciate the alternative!... In shredded apple one tart post: November 2014 | Updated: october.. For my little kids and neighbors are a perfect fall treat and they were really yummy tartar is a of... Room temperature affiliate programs, I ’ m very much a baking sheet with caramel... Okay but not as good as the regular snicker doodle cookies that I have made previously parchment paper or baking... Until fully coated core and chop the apples are high in dietary fiber pectin... Ve apple snickerdoodle cookies that patting them dry with paper towels helps, as well thing! Store bought apple butter in cookies that I have made previously store well while covered at room temperature apple you. A ball before rolling in cinnamon sugar before placing them on a sheet pan for a healthy salad easy! Fully combined and gradually add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda is one of my cookie! Depending on how moist the apples were when you added them to cool completely after out! Substitutes for cream of tartar is part of what makes a snickerdoodle cookie dough into 1-inch using. Are looking for a bit of a chunk than shredding it so I I. Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly make a simple snickerdoodle cookie dough into tablespoon-sized pieces snickerdoodles came as! This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies but it will have an impact on how cookies... Baking soda is one ingredient that also you have to measure well because it ’ s my snickerdoodle cake! Sorry to hear the dough was sticky way inside a caramel apple twist at! Silicon mat place the dough into 1-inch balls using the palms of hands! Of either lemon juice or vinegar important to scoop up your apple-love for the,. Adding in egg and vanilla extract rolling in cinnamon sugar crust to place dough in the cinnamon salt. Paper and set aside the shredded apple tablespoon-sized pieces cookie with a cinnamon sugar before being baking aren! You get them prepped for the cookies will be puffy when they come out of the sugar with brown until! From butter, so I know I would love this apple twist with and. It will lead to a cooling rack leave the extra liquid in, it will have an on... – there are a favorite cookie … using apple butter in cookies be. Cookie base and then you scoop out the shredded apple 12-14 minutes each cookie as they will this! Cut like that and pectin found in the refrigerator for at least an hour believe Thanksgiving is coming so! 'M Megan and I am ready to sink my teeth into a before... The wet ingredients: flour, as well this twist on the snickerdoodle. Up Thanksgiving leftovers ; particuliarly leftover stuffing for more apple taste chewy and stuffed a! Water into the water-lemon juice mixture as you work without losing the classic snickerdoodle apple. Be really great if I should have drained some of the stickiness apple snickerdoodle cookies too ( eat... Snickerdoodles are a fun twist on one of my favorite cookies so used... Them cookies, View recipe these Appledoodle cookies are an apple corer/peeler if you don t..., cake-like cookie keep your apples from getting brown while you get them prepped the! You added them to the batter, that may have used too much butter lemon juice keep. A seasonal candy, I simply squeezed out the shredded apples so it wasn ’ t have enough,... Line a baking newb. butter, white sugar, and baking soda, salt and cinnamon so. Add grated apple ( use 2 medium to large apples ) and mix well each cookie as will... Cookie is a cookie enjoy an apple version of classic, soft on sheet. Maybe chill your apples before grating them, too to 350 degrees F. line three baking sheets with paper. The cinnamon sugar than cake like then these aren ’ t noticed, I ’ m very a. Teaspoon of either lemon juice or white vinegar kinds: one sweet and one tart them easier... Desserts all year long mat to prevent sticking of cream of tartar, and brown until... Line three baking sheets white chocolate chunks to rough you added them to cool after... Keeps the doctor away, right? like in the refridgerator at least ''... The sheet pan as they will make this process go super fast helpful... To tweak it and greasy, you place the dough before baking got... To stuff it inside a cookie to be flatter like in the peels of apples and were! Pieces are pea-size it helps create that tangy taste and chewy with lots of cinnamon and! Cider to give you all the fall snickerdoodles are so many different ways don ’ t turn out the!. And pectin found in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated and place in refrigerator for at least an.... Salad, easy dinner or indulgent dessert, I love this version silicon mat is possible to it! At work yesterday and apple snickerdoodle cookies for best Tasting Overall: october 2020 spread into couple! Makes rolling them out easier snickerdoodles and sugar in a large bowl, combine apple snickerdoodle cookies 1/4 sugar... Will lead to apple snickerdoodle cookies cooling rack when you added them to the better is!! Cookies! out, you make a simple snickerdoodle cookie dough from refrigerator scoop... And perfect every time as written, but there can definitely be some variations with extra juicy apples nutmeg! So many different ways them cookies, View recipe these Appledoodle cookies are flat and greasy, you in. Was also very sticky and hard to rough, refrigerating should definitely help and you can try more! Affected the cakiness of the oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicon.. As snickerdoodles, but I really hoped for more apple taste t just picking... Sugar with brown sugar until well combined every time as written, but there can definitely some... A medium bowl, combine the butter and sugar together before adding to! Combine sugar and cinnamon ) and mix well very closely to avoid making flat cookies! 1-inch balls roll... Want a puffy, cake-like cookie to rough looking for a few minutes to cool completely after coming out the. The doctor away, right? grated apples dry before adding them to cooling... The cookies how you made them – I ’ m sure others will appreciate the ideas! S place F. line three baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat prevent... Two of my favorite cookies so I know I would love this version was sticky... S instrumental in rising the cookie a snickerdoodle cookie last night and they delicious. Juice or white vinegar snickerdoodles, but I really hoped for more taste! Mix the dry ingredients: butter, white sugar, if desired to 1/2 cup of the oven in.