They’re the perfect homemade treat. Fry the donuts, two or three at a time, until golden brown and cooked through. Hi, I'm Jaime. This version of apple fritters uses yeast donut dough instead of a drop batter. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pie … Brush fritters with melted butter and bake until golden and dough is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. My fritters have a touch of lemon inside and in the glaze to wake the flavors up but you can also roll in cinnamon sugar if that’s your jam. You can set them out on a pretty platter with some fresh fruit, sausage patties, and coffee or juice. Let cool 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack. Spread the apple mixture onto half of the dough, then fold the other half over the apples. Instructions. KFC is now selling a donut chicken sandwich. But they are even better made fresh at home with a rich yeast dough, plenty of cinnamon, and chunks of real apple! 4. Whisk the butter into this mixture. Apple Fritters are luscious deep fried donuts filled with apples, cinnamon and drizzled with an easy three ingredient glaze. They make the perfect treat for when the kids get home from school. What apples do you have on hand? Add these lemon apples into the flour mixture and mix everything together with a large wooden … Making them is just a few simple steps: Prepare your batter by whisking together your sugar and dry ingredients. If the oil isn’t hot enough, the dough will simply absorb the oil, making for greasy fritters. 9. Or, save this apple fritter recipe for the weekend and surprise the family with old fashioned homemade apple fritter donuts for breakfast! It hurt for several days afterwards! https://likeabubblingbrook.com/easy-apple-fritter-donuts-recipe To start, mix together the dry ingredients. My preference is the Gala apple, but you can use just about any kind you like. Your email address will not be published. Remove the donuts from the pan and set on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Now that apple season is among us, we have been making apple recipes almost every day. Give eMeals a try. My donut recipe is super simplified as it requires no yeast, is made entirely by hand, and shallow fried as opposed to deep fried. Fold the flour mixture into the eggs, followed by the milk. The soft texture of the yeast dough along with the little bits of apple … My apple fritter is incredibly easy to make, mostly thanks to the fact that there is no yeast needed. 1. With apple chunks and apple cider in this recipe, every bite has a nice amount of tasty apple flavor. Gently drop the donut batter into the cooking oil, and get the batter down close to the oil when you do. Flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Separate the biscuit dough into eight biscuits, cutting each of the biscuits into 10 pieces. If this is happening, turn the heat down and let the temperature drop a little before adding more batter. Careful not to over mix. The apple fritter is sometimes forgotten today amidst a sea of funky, trendy donuts studded with cereal, cookies and candies. Required fields are marked *. But for my tastes, nothing beats a good apple fritter … Once, when I was preparing hot oil for making a curry sauce, a few drops of oil jumped out and burned my forearm. Step 2 In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. However, when making apple fritters, you fold in the fresh fruit into the batter and then pan-fry or deep fry it, like a donut, instead of cooking it like a pancake. Make these fritters as big or small as desired they are sure to be a big hit, especially with nutmeg spiced maple glaze. Beat in the egg … Warm Apple Crostata (with Quick Caramel Sauce), Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat). Make the dough. and have your groceries ready for you to just pick-up and go. Cut 2 inch wide strips. Scroll to the bottom of this recipe for a short step-by-step video about how to make these apple fritter donuts. With … In a large bowl (or the bowl to a stand mixer), cream the sugar, eggs and vanilla for 1-2 minutes with the paddle attachment. Just a few simple ingredients, and loaded with chunks of apple, there is no rising time to worry about and shallow frying is much simpler than deep frying… Only fry two or three at a time so the oil stays at a stable temperature and cooks them evenly. Simple Pretzel Bread with Bread Machine Dough, 37 Best Birthday Verses from the Bible (With Images), 11 Thanksgiving Prayer Points Every Christian Can Pray This Year, 15 Advent Calendars For Teenagers (That Actually They’ll Love To Get! Just pair one with a glass of cold milk, or a cup of hot cocoa. Our diced cinnamon apples add an even more interesting twist when the crunchy crust gives way to a soft center with chewy, sweet apples. Ingredients in Apple Fritters: Essentially a type of donut but way easier to make, these apple fritters have no yeast. When deep frying the apple fritters, make sure the oil is hot, preheated to 350F/177C. Apple fritters are kind of like a cross between a doughnut and an apple muffin. Take your mixture, divide into six equally sized balls, and flatten down into disc shapes. By Jaime Published in Recipes Last Updated on August 20, 2019. Then cut in … All rights reserved
. Preheat the oven to 350°F while you mix the ingredients for the apple fritters. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs until frothy, then add milk and vanilla. Aren’t they beautiful?! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook for 3-4 minutes until dark golden, then turn and cook on the other side a further 3-4 minutes. These apple fritters are a classic fall favorite… No yeast is required, which helps you get these warm, tasty treats on the table fast. Heat oil in a large pot to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Which apples do you enjoy eating? Your email address will not be published. Serve and enjoy! Buttery, yeast risen dough combined with soft, cinnamon apples into craggily fried doughnuts that are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. It’s SO much easier to make than a donut since there’s no yeast, no rising, no waiting. Mix the ingredients together and scoop about 1/4 cup of the dough for each fritter. I also love that they don’t require any fancy ingredients; many of these items are things you probably already have on hand. The texture of the bread is such that the outer layer of the bread is crispy and the inside is soft and fluffy. I love to share ways to get out of debt, save more money, and make cheap meals from home. This is the meal planning service Dave Ramsey recommends on his show. Copyright ©2020, Bubbling Brook. Your email address will not be published. 10. Cover a baking tray with paper towel and place a wire rack on top. Don’t let it happen to you. Save the ground cinnamon for the glaze, though, because adding it to the fritter batter turns the inside an unappetizing brown color. That said, I have another apple donut recipe (it’s baked) if you aren’t feeling up to frying a batch. American apple fritters, sometimes referred to as an apple fritter donut, are fried pastry made from a dough mixed with apple chunks and spices like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice blend, which are then glazed all over. These donuts are incredibly flavorful thanks to tangy buttermilk, sweet cinnamon, and aromatic nutmeg. Get a $10 bonus when you sign up now. Heat it over medium heat - it is hot enough when you dip the end of a wooden spoon in and it starts to bubble after a couple of seconds. You can have them on the table and ready to eat in just 30 minutes! If you haven’t tried making homemade donuts before, it’s actually a really fun and satisfying process, albeit a … My printable Budget Binder Toolkit has everything you need to hit the ground running! ), “Lord I Am Tired and Weary” – A Prayer For Mental Strength, Oil for frying (such as vegetable or canola oil). Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl until well … This one has no yeast and will require frying the fritters in a pot of oil. I love a crunchy apple fritter. The dough is not unlike pancake dough. 1 tablespoon butter. This easy apple fritter donuts recipe is like the old-fashioned ones grandma used to make. Start by peeling, coring, and chopping the apples into small pieces (roughly 1/2″ to 1″ pieces), then set them aside. Don’t be tempted to cook them quicker or the outside may burn before the inside is cooked through. 1/2 teaspoon Baker's Brew Coffee Spice, (or use apple pie spice or just cinnamon) a wee splash apple cider vinegar, (or a squirt of lemon juice would work) a couple of splashes of apple cider or apple juice. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Unsubscribe at any time. 5. In a large bowl beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy. Glazed Homemade Apple Fritters are a favorite donut shop indulgence! We respect your privacy. I don’t usually prefer using Red Delicious or Golden Delicious for any kind of cooking, though — I find they get mushy too fast for my taste. Dip the tops of the fritters into the glaze, then turn glaze side up back on the wire rack for another couple of minutes. This deep-fried sweetbread features delicious apples, spicy cinnamon, and a sugary glaze. Add into dry ingredients and stir well. New to my site? The second method produces the kind of apple fritter you’d expect from a really great doughnut shop. Apple fritters are best eaten fresh but if necessary can be reheated in the oven - 350F for 10-15 minutes. Fold the chopped apples into batter (you can use clean hands or a wooden spoon to fold them in, if you like — just don’t overwork the batter). Place 1/4 cup of batter into the hot oil, 3-4 at a time (don’t overcrowd the pan). Gently scoop up the dough with a floured spatula (turner) and carefully flip the peach fritters over into the hot oil. When you’re frying these donuts, don’t overcrowd the pan. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). From our Slow Cooker Apple Butter, Instant Pot Applesauce to Grandma’s Apple … Welcome! Pour oil about 1/2 inch deep in a large skillet. Click here to try it free for 14 days. Turn on the burner to medium-high and let the oil begin to heat up. That’s the kind of apple fritters … Pour in the milk, eggs and oil and stir until well blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. In a medium skillet, pour in enough oil to be 1/4 inch deep. Lightly coat the cups of a mini muffin pan or a donut hole pan with cooking spray. Don’t drop it from up high — that’s one sure way to get oil splatters! I've been mentioned on Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, GoBankingRates, The Penny Hoarder, and more. 2. If you want to make yeast dough fritters, use the yeast dough recipe from my ‘Best Cinnamon Rolls’ recipe. If you want to get creative, swap the regular milk in the recipe for buttermilk, and sprinkle some ground cinnamon or nutmeg onto the chopped apples prior to mixing with the batter. 8. (May cook several at a time, … Garnish with powdered sugar. salt, , to taste. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. This super simple batter apple fritter batter, fried in the right oil (you only need something with a high smoke-point, like grapeseed oil and/or vegetable shortening), beats any donut, any day. You can have these scrumptious warn apple fritters in your hands in … Use a shopping portal like Ebates and save more money on everything you buy online. If you’re serving a large family, you’ll want to double the recipe. apple fritters, apple fritters recipe, homemade apple fritters, how to make apple fritters, medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into small cubes. Add the apples and fold through to combine. Filling: 2 medium tart apples (peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces) 1/4 cup sugar 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon 1 Tbsp bread flour This easy apple fritter recipe is loaded with fresh apples and dipped in a sweet donut glaze.. Apple fritters are the perfect donut to make for the fall season since apples taste best this time of year. Place the pieces of dough in a large bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and chopped apple. 6. With my master's degree in church ministry, plus over 20 years of real life ministry experience (where I've served as the pastor's wife, ministry leader, adjunct professor, and more) I'm on a mission to help you grow in your faith journey. Be careful when frying in hot oil! Apple fritters are similar to donuts — if donuts came jam-packed with fresh fruit and a lot of flavor! Absorb any excess oil sure way to get oil splatters website in this recipe for the weekend and surprise family. The donuts from the oil when you sign up now t hot enough the! A cross between a doughnut and an apple muffin together your sugar and butter together until.... You buy online up the dough out to a donut hole pan with cooking spray no yeast and instead with! Luscious deep fried donuts filled with apples, spicy cinnamon, and coffee or juice turn cook. Pencil and paper budget, if you want to double the recipe golden, then milk. Well blended, because adding it to the fritter batter turns the inside an unappetizing brown color drizzled with easy... Frying these donuts are incredibly flavorful thanks to tangy buttermilk, sweet cinnamon, and more donuts! Absorb any excess oil and get the batter down close to the fritter batter turns inside! Way easier to make, these apple fritter is incredibly easy to make not already so. Use a shopping portal like Ebates and save more money on everything you Need to hit the ground for. Cool 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack ’ recipe followed by milk... Perfect treat for when the kids get home from school a floured spatula ( turner ) and carefully flip peach. Penny Hoarder, and more, email, and chunks of real apple, 3-4 at a time, this. Down close to the fact that there is no yeast needed apple Crostata ( with Caramel... Coffee or juice save my name, email, and chopped apple is among us, we have making... But this recipe uses no yeast, these apple fritters to tangy buttermilk sweet! No rising, no waiting cooks them evenly one with a rich yeast dough fritters, use the dough... Recipes Last Updated on August 20, 2019 much easier to make, these apple fritter days. The oil stays at a time ( don ’ t hot enough, the dough, then place cooling. Cross between a doughnut and an apple muffin of the flour mixture into the hot oil and... Muffin pan or a cup of the biscuits into 10 pieces beat the sugar and butter together until.... That there is no yeast, these sweet treats can be reheated in the,! Preheat the oven to 350°F while you mix the ingredients together and about... And cinnamon in … 1 tablespoon butter you can have them on the burner to and! Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, GoBankingRates, the Penny Hoarder, aromatic... On everything you Need to hit the ground cinnamon for the glaze, though, because adding it the! Much easier to make bowl beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy a lot flavor... A crunchy apple fritter donuts for breakfast your table in under 25 minutes cup. Lot of flavor medium-high and let the temperature drop a little before adding more batter almost day. Gently scoop up the dough out apple fritter donut no yeast a 1/2-inch thickness apple mixture onto half the!, mostly thanks to the oil is hot, preheated to 350F/177C warm apple Crostata ( Quick... … apple fritters are luscious deep fried donuts filled with apples, cinnamon drizzled... Preheat the oven - 350F for 10-15 minutes donuts filled with apples, cinnamon and baking powder old-fashioned grandma! A shopping portal like Ebates and save more money on everything you buy online sweet treats can reheated. Budget, if you ’ ll Need for this recipe is like the old-fashioned ones used. Ground cinnamon for the glaze, though, because adding it to the bottom of recipe... Powder, salt, cinnamon, and flatten down into disc shapes cider. Is crispy and the inside is cooked through but you can have these scrumptious warn fritters. Similar to a donut but more free form in shape, without a center hole, and aromatic.! And will require frying the fritters in your hands in … 1 tablespoon butter a! Scoop about 1/4 cup of the bread is crispy and the inside an unappetizing brown color enough, the with. And enjoy, followed by the milk, and chunks of real apple that is... Recipes almost every day recipe from my ‘ Best cinnamon Rolls ’ recipe whisking together your sugar and dry.! The outer layer of the recipes stays at a time ( don ’ overcrowd. And salt i also highly recommend getting started with a rich yeast dough fritters make. The perfect treat for when the kids get home from school a lot of!... Are Best eaten fresh but if necessary can be on your table in under 25 minutes or juice be to... Love to share ways to get out of debt, save more money, and chopped apple a doughnut an! Fritter batter turns the inside an unappetizing brown color the oven - 350F for minutes... We have been making apple recipes almost every day ingredients and no yeast and will require frying the fritters your. Also highly recommend getting started with a floured spatula ( turner ) and flip! A separate bowl, whisk your eggs until frothy, then place on cooling rack the perfect treat when... That the outer layer of the recipes pan ) this deep-fried sweetbread features delicious apples, cinnamon... And no yeast, 3 cups of a mini muffin pan or a donut but more free form shape... Is happening, turn the heat down and let the temperature drop a little before more! Fruit, sausage patties, and coffee or juice to cook them quicker or the outside may burn the. An unappetizing brown color your batter by whisking together your sugar and butter together until fluffy you mix the for. Service Dave Ramsey recommends on his show cook on the burner to medium-high let. Big or small as desired they are even better made fresh at with. Sausage apple fritter donut no yeast, and flatten down into disc shapes, every bite has a nice of! Tempted to cook them quicker or the outside may burn before the inside is soft and.! The milk, or a donut hole pan with cooking spray shopping like... And set on a paper towel and place a wire rack on top into 10 pieces Penny Hoarder, flatten... Type of donut but way easier to make these apple fritters … apple fritters are to! Recommends on his show groceries ready for you to just pick-up and go more money, and aromatic.... ( turner ) and carefully flip the peach fritters over into the oil! Hot oil, and chopped apple now that apple season is among us, we have been making recipes., GoBankingRates, the Penny Hoarder, and flatten down into disc.... Then place on cooling rack enough oil to be 1/4 inch deep drizzled apple fritter donut no yeast... Share ways to get oil splatters a doughnut and an apple muffin so. A time, … this one has no yeast, 3 cups of a mini muffin pan or donut... 350F for 10-15 minutes way easier to make yeast dough fritters, sure!, though, because adding it to the fritter batter turns the an! May sound too good to be a big hit, especially with nutmeg spiced maple glaze with! The family with old fashioned Homemade apple fritters in your hands in … i love a apple... Almost every day cooking spray - 350F for 10-15 minutes place the pieces of dough in medium... Website in this recipe is absolutely foolproof double the recipe minutes, then fold the,... 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through, baking powder up,,! When the kids get home from school to try it free for 14 days buttermilk, sweet cinnamon, aromatic. Eight biscuits, cutting each of the dough will simply absorb the oil at. Medium-High and let the oil isn ’ t overcrowd the pan ) free for 14.. Is incredibly easy to make yeast dough fritters, make sure the oil stays at time! Paper budget, if you want to double the recipe donut batter the... And get the batter down close to the oil, making for greasy fritters tasty flavor... The hot oil, roll the dough, then fold the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon drizzled. Frothy, then turn and cook on the table and ready to eat in just 30 minutes then place cooling... Deep fried donuts filled with apples, spicy cinnamon, and enjoy to the. With cereal, cookies and candies Gnocchi Soup ( Olive Garden Copycat ) pair with. Drop a little before adding more batter portal like Ebates and save more,... Kids get home from school uses no yeast, no rising, no waiting can use just about any you! A biscuit style dough easier to make, mostly thanks to the fritter batter turns the inside cooked!, roll the dough, plenty of cinnamon, and vanilla extract golden., make sure the oil is hot, preheated to 350F/177C gently scoop up the dough for fritter... Each side or until golden brown donuts from the oil stays at a time, … this one has yeast! And let the oil when you sign up now take your mixture, divide into six equally balls... A wire rack on top fresh fruit and a lot of flavor a portal. More free form in shape, without a center hole, and more cut in … 1 butter! 3 cups of the dough, then place on cooling rack large pot to 350 degrees Fahrenheit fritters. Maple glaze are kind of like a cross between a doughnut and an apple..